Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe the bum's rush on this board to get Jackson out of Philadelphia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    I don't see many who want him out. I think most fans are just seeing the writing on the wall...
    ProFootballTalk and BleedingTardNation are full of guys who want him gone

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      One that defenses have to always be aware of. he has the ability to be lined up all over the field. How many times did Chip put him in motion before the ball was snapped, even if it wasn't going to him ? He's got good hands, and he's obviously very fast. it's not just what he actually does as far as receiving goes. but it's the perception from the defense as well. jackson goes in motion, now they have to wonder if he's going to get the ball while he's in motion or some other way. He's deadly in the open field as well, which is something that I personally don't believe that opposing coordinators necessarily think about all the time when it comes to Riley Cooper. I'm not saying that Cooper isn't a good wr, i just happen to think that jackson's presence opens things up more for him. That's not so far fetched, or "silly" as you refer to it.
      Cooper has a unique skill set as well. He's tall, fast and he blocks. He also has good hands (3.6% drop rate compared to 2.4% for Jackson) and can make acrobatic catches. Also, in his most productive year, Jackson also had his most productive year.

Without Cooper on the team (and more specifically to your point, replaced by Avant), do you honestly think Jackson has the same year?
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        I'll point out that I don't want Jackson gone unless there really is some major issue in the locker room that we don't know about. He's obviously talented, although I'm very curious to see what Maclin does in Kelly's offense and I think he might surpass Jackson.

I chimed in because I think this cyclic argument over who made who better is ridiculous. Either side can be argued. It likely comes down to Kelly designing an offense that utilizes his talent in a way that doesn't allow the opposing team to lock down the "one guy" who matters.
        People have been suggesting that Maclin will supplant Jackson as the #1 since his rookie year. Never happened. After 5 years in the league, it's time to face facts. Maclin is a decent, but will never be great NFL WR. He doesn't scare anybody.

Reasonable people may disagree but the NFL is a players league, not a coaches league. Seattle has great players and at least on defense, play a very simple system. It takes talented players to play the way the Seahawks do. They eschew complex zones and all the malarkey of JJ style blitzes and play tight man. And win doing it.

With Kelly's offense, it won't work without talented players. But then again, talented players can make any system work.
        Last edited by The Ref; 03-19-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

No he probably doesn't

Cooper has a unique skill set as well. He's tall, fast and he blocks. He also has good hands (3.6% drop rate compared to 2.4% for Jackson) and can make acrobatic catches. Also, in his most productive year, Jackson also had his most productive year.

Without Cooper on the team (and more specifically to your point, replaced by Avant), do you honestly think Jackson has the same year?
          but I am of the opinion that he would be more likely to reach those numbers or close to them without Riley than if it were the other way around.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I still love that Jackson's being blasted on the radio for being the VICTIM of a robbery. Mind blowing.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Cooper is taller than average. Jackson is faster than the fastest. That basically sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                People have been suggesting that Maclin will supplant Jackson as the #1 since his rookie year. Never happened. After 5 years in the league, it's time to face facts. Maclin is a decent, but will never be great NFL WR. He doesn't scare anybody.

Reasonable people may disagree but the NFL is a players league, not a coaches league. Seattle has great players and at least on defense, play a very simple system. It takes talented players to play the way the Seahawks do. They eschew complex zones and all the malarkey of JJ style blitzes and play tight man. And win doing it.

With Kelly's offense, it won't work without talented players. But then again, talented players can make any system work.
                Do you really think there has been some big gap between Jackson and Maclin? Jackson has typically had more yards but far fewer receptions and fewer TDs in the years they've played together. So is Jackson better at big-yardage plays? Obviously. Is he better overall? Not necessarily.

Year, Player, Games, Receptions, Yards, TDs

2012, Jackson, 11, 45, 700, 2
                2012, Maclin, 15, 69, 857, 7

2011, Jackson, 15, 58, 961, 4
                2011, Maclin, 13, 63, 859, 5

2010, Jackson, 14, 47, 1056, 6 (+ 1 rush and 1 return)
                2010, Maclin, 16, 70, 964, 10

2009, Jackson, 15, 62, 1156, 9 (+ 1 rush and 2 return)
                2009, Maclin, 15, 56, 773, 4 (Rookie Season)

In the 3 years they played together after Maclin was a rookie:

Total Yards: Jackson 2717, Maclin 2680
                Total Receptions: Jackson 150, Maclin 202
                Total Receiving TDs: Jackson 12, Maclin 22
                Total TD: Jackson 14, Maclin 22

Yards per game: Jackson 68, Maclin 61
                Yards per reception: Jackson 18.1, Maclin 13.3
                Receptions per game: Jackson 3.8, Maclin 4.6
                Total TD's per game: Jackson 0.35, Maclin 0.5

Quite a difference, huh?

Jackson = bigger chunks of yardage less frequently
                Maclin = more TDs and catches
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle In Ohio;1751090]You're a defensive coordinator. Eagles are next up on your schedule. Are you gonna focus the double team on Cooper or Jackson ?

Actually, If I was an opposing DC, I would think that I might not have one DB with enough speed to keep up with DJ, let alone two, that is why they slide backfield help over top.

So in that case I have to side with Wiezer that DJ didn't draw a lot of double teams, and on a lot of those occasions the saftey was the one that was trying to help "fill the box".

I think YOUR statement that a large part was due to Shady and the running game in general is MORE telling of a reason for BOTH of them having a big year.

Jmho
                  Last edited by Eagle Road; 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Do you really think there has been some big gap between Jackson and Maclin? Jackson has typically had more yards but far fewer receptions and fewer TDs in the years they've played together. So is Jackson better at big-yardage plays? Obviously. Is he better overall? Not necessarily.

Year, Player, Games, Receptions, Yards, TDs

2012, Jackson, 11, 45, 700, 2
                    2012, Maclin, 15, 69, 857, 7

2011, Jackson, 15, 58, 961, 4
                    2011, Maclin, 13, 63, 859, 5

2010, Jackson, 14, 47, 1056, 6 (+ 1 rush and 1 return)
                    2010, Maclin, 16, 70, 964, 10

2009, Jackson, 15, 62, 1156, 9 (+ 1 rush and 2 return)
                    2009, Maclin, 15, 56, 773, 4 (Rookie Season)

In the 3 years they played together after Maclin was a rookie:

Total Yards: Jackson 2717, Maclin 2680
                    Total Receptions: Jackson 150, Maclin 202
                    Total Receiving TDs: Jackson 12, Maclin 22
                    Total TD: Jackson 14, Maclin 22

Yards per game: Jackson 68, Maclin 61
                    Yards per reception: Jackson 18.1, Maclin 13.3
                    Receptions per game: Jackson 3.8, Maclin 4.6
                    Total TD's per game: Jackson 0.35, Maclin 0.5

Quite a difference, huh?

Jackson = bigger chunks of yardage less frequently
                    Maclin = more TDs and catches
                    In the three years since desean's stats did not support my bland argument... being a contrarian is fun

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                      Cooper is taller than average. Jackson is faster than the fastest. That basically sums it up.
                      The problem with that statement is that on game day Coop is ALWAYS taller than average on every play, on the other hand, DJ is only faster than the fastest on the plays he wants to be.

Comment

Yeah but he doesn't like Coop...for what reason I still have no idea other than the fact he said a couple years ago he sucked and his opinion turned into goo after this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                          Yeah but he doesn't like Coop...for what reason I still have no idea other than the fact he said a couple years ago he sucked and his opinion turned into goo after this past season.
                          I know, I just thought your analysis was spot on.

Comment

They are bums

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            It nauseates me. that is all.
                            nm
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                              It nauseates me. that is all.
                              Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                                There's no denying that Jackson is a more elite athlete than Cooper. But the premise of the argument I got involved in is that everything is about him making other players better. Well, the counter is that without Cooper as a significant part of the offense, Jackson has had worse years as a receiver.

It seems that for a fair number of people lines have been drawn: Cooper vs. Jackson

That seems foolish because it appears that each helped the other. Or, if it's all Kelly or Foles' doing, neither one helped each other.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X