Time for a return to bad-ass uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a return to bad-ass uniforms

Can we all agree that the current uniforms...even if you like them...have outlived their useful life? They just scream Reid-McNabb era. And, are you listening Jeffy..different threads translate to huge dollars...so let's get busy.

The trend seems to be these Tampax Bay-Seattle-Oregon spacesuit type unis that are out of "Rollerball." My dislike for them might be me being an old fart. Personally I would go back to a slightly modernized version of the old white helmet plain Kelly green jerseys and a new take on the flying eagle clutching the ball logo. Something acceptable to the kids but bringing back the team's identity and tradition.

I think the new direction this team is taking under Kelly calls for a new look for the team out there on the field.

But that's just me.
    Last edited by Irish George; 03-20-2014, 01:06 PM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Make mine

an updated version of the late 80's, early 90's unis.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I would be happy if they Put the flying Eagle

Back into the middle of the Field...its classy and has a great heritage...would love to see them come back with the Kelly green and silver stripes sure,,but the Uni's would still be very different..
      Last edited by TRENT; 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

I could dig that

silver pants look great with white or kelly grees jerseys....and you could mix it up with green pants like they wore in the Van Buren era.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I dig this guys designs.

http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/#/eagles/

Comment

I would definitely be down with that

Originally posted by inkdrop View Post
            No question.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I have never liked these current uniforms. they're so queer and just 'blah'.

i'd love something new. something 2014 that says 'here we are, America. come get a taste'.

Comment

helmets should have a rubber chicken on them though. everything else is fine.

Comment

Bwaaah !!!

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  helmets should have a rubber chicken on them though. everything else is fine.
                  that damn chicken !!

Comment

Those Helmet designs suck

the unis are Fine,,,should not be all that hard to make the Uni's... The Helmet needs too be similar...no changes to the wings..
                    Last edited by TRENT; 03-20-2014, 01:31 PM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

That has got to be from a movie

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                      I have never liked these current uniforms. they're so queer and just 'blah'.

i'd love something new. something 2014 that says 'here we are, America. come get a taste'.
                      Otherwise it might be one of your geighest posts!

Comment

the come get a taste is from anchorman. believe here we are America is from the bird cage.

Comment

Thank Jesus!

Comment

i would definitely be down with adrian peterson as an eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                              Can we all agree that the current uniforms...even if you like them...have outlived their useful life? They just scream Reid-McNabb era. And, are you listening Jeffy..different threads translate to huge dollars...so let's get busy.

The trend seems to be these Tampax Bay-Seattle-Oregon spacesuit type unis that are out of "Rollerball." My dislike for them might be me being an old fart. Personally I would go back to a slightly modernized version of the old white helmet plain Kelly green jerseys and a new take on the flying eagle clutching the ball logo. Something acceptable to the kids but bringing back the team's identity and tradition.

I think the new direction this team is taking under Kelly calls for a new look for the team out there on the field.

But that's just me.

I can't agree with the white helmet. Gotta go with an update on the kelly green and silver of the early 90s, but maybe that's just my childhood nostalgia talking. I don't want crazy shit on the shoulder pads or a bunch of alternates.

Comment

Working...
                              X