New Subject; Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Subject; Credit Cards

Just curious if any of you guys have a ny recommendation for a TRUE 2% money back card. The Schwab is no longer available, anything else out there?

Www.creditcards.com has comparisons on pretty much all the cards you could want.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
      Www.creditcards.com has comparisons on pretty much all the cards you could want.

Cool, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
        Just curious if any of you guys have a ny recommendation for a TRUE 2% money back card. The Schwab is no longer available, anything else out there?
        When I looked last summer

Amex Blue Cash - no fee
        3% supermarket
        2% gas and certain department stores
        1% everything else
        $100 bonus

Amex Blue Cash Reward - $75 yearly
        6% supermarket
        3% gas and certain department stores
        1% everything else
        $150 bonus

That's the basics. Bonus if you spend $1000 in first 3 months I think
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

I've got that Amex Blue Card Reward card, and you can get 6% back on more stuff if you go buy gift cards at the supermarket. I typically go in and buy gift cards for Amazon, gas, and Home Depot. Makes tracking expenses a bit harder, but I'll deal with it for the 6% cash back.

Comment

The only thing I really use the card for is of course when I travel, but it is used as a "line of credit" for the business.

The issue is with trucks running all over the country you can get a breakdown in the most remote places. Sometimes it takes half a day to get a bank wire in to pay for a repair, but almost everybody will do a CC.

Yes it does cost a percentage to use the card, but the time saved and convenience is well worth it, all I am trying to do is use the "2% on everything" to offset some of the CC fee.

Some months the card has literally nothing on it, last month it was 28,000 it just depends on how many have an issue and how big of an issue. For instance, a full set of tires for one of my trucks and trailers is around 10,000.

In the past we did have a business Amex, but there are a LOT of businesses that will not accept the Amex card, we have had good luck with both Visa and Mastercard, just looking for more of an everything discount.

Thanks Stan
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 03-21-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

American express isn't accepted everywhere like visa or mastercard. Something to keep in mind.

However, you can get the same rewards Terp described from a Bank Americard and get a 200 dollar bonus if you spend 500 over a quarter

I actually did this a few months ago and didn't get an AE for those reasons. Just my 2 cents

Edited to add: on the Blue cash, not the blue cash reward
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-21-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noogs View Post
                I've got that Amex Blue Card Reward card, and you can get 6% back on more stuff if you go buy gift cards at the supermarket. I typically go in and buy gift cards for Amazon, gas, and Home Depot. Makes tracking expenses a bit harder, but I'll deal with it for the 6% cash back.
                That's what I did. Bought gift cards and then bought a TV at Costco. Saved 6% on the gift cards and only paid $6 in fees per $500 in give cards. There is, I think, an $8000 yearly purchase limit for that 6% back though and some supermarkets only accept cash/debit for gift cards.

The reward card has definitely paid for itself in the first year since I got it to make some big purchases. I've considered getting the regular Blue Cash now but haven't decided.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  American express isn't accepted everywhere like visa or mastercard. Something to keep in mind.

However, you can get the same rewards Terp described from a Bank Americard and get a 200 dollar bonus if you spend 500 over a quarter

I actually did this a few months ago and didn't get an AE for those reasons. Just my 2 cents
                  What BoA card? My BoA Cash Rewards card doesn't match my Amex regards as far as I know.
                  Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-21-2014, 10:35 AM.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

yeah, i edited - sorry

Amex Blue Cash - no fee
                    3% supermarket
                    2% gas and certain department stores
                    1% everything else
                    $100 bonus
                    I get that with my Bank Americard right now...except certain department stores. They also have rotating offers on cash back (like restaurants or stores).

My biggest annoyance is half the places I go don't take AE. Most Supermarkets do, gas stations to a lesser extent though. So if you're on it strictly for that, it's nbd

Comment

Working...
                    X