I thought Jeffy wanted a more media friendly coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Jeffy wanted a more media friendly coach

I thought when he retained Reid that last year he specifically asked Reid to be more media friendly. Chipper has the Belicheck-esque relationship with the media. This has not been handled well by the Birds. By not saying anything they have now seemed to have forced their hand in trading him.
    Say for argument sake they were just listening to offers. There's no harm in that but by not saying anything at all it's now created this media firestorm that now seems to have forced their hand in dealing him.

Maybe I'm wrong I guess we won't know till someone says something.

What Lurie really wanted was a more fan friendly coach. The fans hated Reid. They love Chip. As long as the fans support Chip then Lurie could care less how open he is with the press.

Comment

not at all

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
      I thought when he retained Reid that last year he specifically asked Reid to be more media friendly. Chipper has the Belicheck-esque relationship with the media. This has not been handled well by the Birds. By not saying anything they have now seemed to have forced their hand in trading him.
      Say for argument sake they were just listening to offers. There's no harm in that but by not saying anything at all it's now created this media firestorm that now seems to have forced their hand in dealing him.

Maybe I'm wrong I guess we won't know till someone says something.
      first of all...where did you hear that media-friendly was something Jeff was looking for in a coach?

Secondly...the media does not mind smart-ass answers...especially to "dumb" questions. The media wants an answer, period. Kelly is honest and gives an answer. Reid talked in circles and answered nothing.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        first of all...where did you hear that media-friendly was something Jeff was looking for in a coach?

Secondly...the media does not mind smart-ass answers...especially to "dumb" questions. The media wants an answer, period. Kelly is honest and gives an answer. Reid talked in circles and answered nothing.
        The media (local especially) has thrown in plenty of subtle digs that they're not getting enough from Kelly this off-season. He's too busy evaluating talent and the like for their purposes it seems.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

that's whiny bitch stuff

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          The media (local especially) has thrown in plenty of subtle digs that they're not getting enough from Kelly this off-season. He's too busy evaluating talent and the like for their purposes it seems.
          Kelly might not be as available as Reid was, but when he is...he talks. He answers the question. that is all a media person can expect. If the HC is not available then its time to mine those other sources.

It shpould also be noted that a lack of availability SHOULD be reported at some level. Just to go on record that the reported did the work of trying to get him. Beyond that, its a crying game.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Just as a fan

I really do wish he would just come out and address it. Throw us a bone. Even if he said that they are indeed actively shopping D-Jax, at least we know what's really going on. Come to think of it, DeSean himself has been tight lipped about all of this for the most part.
            Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              I really do wish he would just come out and address it. Throw us a bone.
              I still don't understand what purpose this serves. What do the Eagles gain by holding a press conference simply to respond to the rumor?

This whole thing is ridiculous. Either they aren't trying to trade him, at which point there is no need to address this rumor, or they are trying to trade him, at which point publicly acknowledging their intentions will hurt the value they get in return for a trade. Either way the team doesn't benefit from talking to the media at this stage.

So explain to me why fans are upset about this.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I'm only speaking from my point of view

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                I still don't understand what purpose this serves. What do the Eagles gain by holding a press conference simply to respond to the rumor?

This whole thing is ridiculous. Either they aren't trying to trade him, at which point there is no need to address this rumor, or they are trying to trade him, at which point publicly acknowledging their intentions will hurt the value they get in return for a trade. Either way the team doesn't benefit from talking to the media at this stage.

So explain to me why fans are upset about this.
                I would like to hear something from Chip or Howie. This is not the 53rd man on the bench that we're talking about. I'm not saying that he has some sort of obligation or anything like that, I would just like to know what really is going on, because I don't understand how you can be looking to trade one of the best offensive weapons you have seemingly for no reason.
                Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 03-21-2014, 01:16 PM.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  Kelly might not be as available as Reid was, but when he is...he talks. He answers the question. that is all a media person can expect. If the HC is not available then its time to mine those other sources.

It shpould also be noted that a lack of availability SHOULD be reported at some level. Just to go on record that the reported did the work of trying to get him. Beyond that, its a crying game.
                  I agree. I think the undertones that I pick up seem whiny. Kelly has been (appeared) much more candid when he does talk.

Referring back to our discussion of newspapers, I think local sports reporting feels itself becoming less and less relevant compared to national coverage.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I really do wish he would just come out and address it. Throw us a bone. Even if he said that they are indeed actively shopping D-Jax, at least we know what's really going on. Come to think of it, DeSean himself has been tight lipped about all of this for the most part.
                    Why would the Eagles publicly say they're shopping a player? Other than MAYBE quell whiny, antsy fans (no offense but that's how some fans are behaving about this) who want to know what's going on - what purpose does it serve? Especially if no trade is made - it only leads to a bad relationship between management and player.

If they say nothing they can always fall back on the fact that they never said they were trying to move a player.

Their primary job is to make the fans happy by winning games with a decent product on the field. Not keep them fully informed in the off-season process.

So even if you'd like to hear something - so what? What benefit does your knowledge give the Eagles?
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

I would like to hear something from Chip or Howie. This is not the 53rd man on the bench that we're talking about. I'm not saying that he has some sort of obligation or anything like that, I would just like to know what really is going on, because I don't understand how you can be looking to trade one of the best offensive weapons you have seemingly for no reason.
                      It's not important that you understand.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

He owes us nothing.

Other than coaching his ass off and winning the first Lombardi for the franchise and city.

I could care less if he disappears for three months.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I never said that it was important

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                          It's not important that you understand.
                          I said that I would like to know. Me, myself, and I. Just me. No one else. I would. Me. I could give a damn about anyone else. MY PERSONAL STANCE is that i would like to know. I already said that Chip was under no obligation to anyone at all, but I would just like to know because I'm curious. Never said that Chip owes anyone anything. If he talks, fine. If he doesn't, I'll wait like everyone else.

Comment

yea, I feel the same way...If I met Chipper

I'd tell him,,U owe it to the fans,,even if you don't like dealing with the media,,,U can't let something like this turn into a circus....and He has.. get in front of the Mic and shoot it straight,,,yes we're entertaining offers,,,No we're not...I talked to Jackson,,,ect ect...would take all of 3 mins...No excuses.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                              I'd tell him,,U owe it to the fans,,even if you don't like dealing with the media,,,U can't let something like this turn into a circus....and He has.. get in front of the Mic and shoot it straight,,,yes we're entertaining offers,,,No we're not...I talked to Jackson,,,ect ect...would take all of 3 mins...No excuses.
                              And if they don't trade Jackson he can come back out and explain why there is a fractured relationship between Jackson and the Eagles coaching staff and front office. I'll bet that would take more than three minutes.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X