I See This Ending With Them Cutting DeSean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I See This Ending With Them Cutting DeSean

I'm in the camp that it's a mistake to move him, but it seems pretty clear that's what they're doing.

Then today, I see multiple beat writers quoting sources or retweeting other writers who are saying that it's going to be hard for them to even trade him at this point because it's such common knowledge that they're completely done with him, that teams are just going to wait for him to get cut.

You read that correctly, they are so over DeSean that while we're all worried about trying to get a 1 or a 2, certainly not a 3, for him, they're willing to cut bait and get NOTHING in return.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    I'm in the camp that it's a mistake to move him, but it seems pretty clear that's what they're doing.

Then today, I see multiple beat writers quoting sources or retweeting other writers who are saying that it's going to be hard for them to even trade him at this point because it's such common knowledge that they're completely done with him, that teams are just going to wait for him to get cut.

You read that correctly, they are so over DeSean that while we're all worried about trying to get a 1 or a 2, certainly not a 3, for him, they're willing to cut bait and get NOTHING in return.

As much as I hate the idea of doing such a thing, I'm regretfully starting to believe you are dead-on. This situation has not been handled very well at all by the FO

Comment

Jets beat writer Mehta says basically same thing

Says Jackson is unwilling to renegotiate to facilitate a trade.

The good thing for anybody trading for him is that they can get out of the deal next year without much of a penalty.

Comment

http://www.eaglescap.com/Players/DeSeanJackson.html

So they'd have $6m of dead money?
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I see it as an ochocinco situation. All this talk about a trade, but nothing happens.

Comment

If I were Jackson I would absolutely refuse to renogiate my contract. I would not make it easier for the birds to trade me to Cleveland, Oakland, or Miami. I would force them to cut me and negotiate with the team of my choice.

Agreed that this smacks of the worst of the Banner years. Very poorly handled.
            I'm also very concerned about Kelly now. Unless Jackson did something that we really don't know about, then he cannot handle professional men and will be a long term failure in the nfl. Jackson's antics were small potatoes.

Or maybe Jackson was improvising and not running plays correctly. Who knows? Either way, this really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Guru of the Gridiron I beg to differ there are 5 that could use Dwhine they will place their bids they will get something for him. Dont worry Sir Sect236

Comment

I forgot that the racist, illiterate, zero football knowledge having internet poster from Iowa who thinks Nate Allen is a great safety knows more than all the beat writers in the NFL.

Go away, you add nothing to any post that is related to football.

I'm blocking you now because I'm tired of reading your garbage and tired of continually schooling you about sports. So long iowawhitepowerfan.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 03-22-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Fuckin' ridiculous, but seems that will happen. The guy puts fear into every secondary.
                  Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                  X