No announcement yet.

We are missing the point here a bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are missing the point here a bit...

It's not that dumping DJAX is a bad football decision, we all can come up with shortcomings in his game.

It dumping him for nothing that's stupid! A pro bowl player is an asset. If the contract makes him untradeable, YOU SHOULD HAVE FIXED IT!! They could have restructured it during the season, his 2014 salary is not a surprise.

Go ahead dump DJAX, but make the team better doing it!

I wonder how many player were flat out cut after a pro bowl season in NFL history? There can't be many. Add to the fact he's only 27 so it's not an age thing.

Comment

The thing baffles me and...

I'm usually a FO guy. It just smells of when Andy cut Trotter.

Anyone else thinks that cost us a trip to the bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
        I wonder how many player were flat out cut after a pro bowl season in NFL history? There can't be many. Add to the fact he's only 27 so it's not an age thing.
        Revis, this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
          I wonder how many player were flat out cut after a pro bowl season in NFL history? There can't be many.
          Its a cap thing.
          Demarcus Ware was cut because Dallas needed to clear space, otherwise they would have traded him.
          Julius Peppers, cut by the bears because they couldn't trade his huge contract and needed to clear space
          Neither of those guys were FAs whose contract ran out, they were just deemed not worthy of the fluffy dollars in their deals.

Only a small set of teams could take on the $10M contract and some of them were certainly non-starters for DJax. Its less than ideal, but it happens all over the league. And the additional penalty is that those teams won't get a compensatory pick for losing a high-end FA... because they had to cut them.

Ware, Revis, Peppers, Jackson - all moved for $$ reasons.
          That's some serious talent, but your cap runs your team.
          The agents & players all sing hosanna's when the megadeal is signed- but the players never see the fluffy back-end of the deal.

It's a stupid system and it costs teams and fan-bases their favorite players
          We all deserve better.

Comment

yep.

90 percent of the fans will never understand this.

Comment

I disagree, those teams Big money QBs...

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              Its a cap thing.
              Demarcus Ware was cut because Dallas needed to clear space, otherwise they would have traded him.
              Julius Peppers, cut by the bears because they couldn't trade his huge contract and needed to clear space
              Neither of those guys were FAs whose contract ran out, they were just deemed not worthy of the fluffy dollars in their deals.

Only a small set of teams could take on the $10M contract and some of them were certainly non-starters for DJax. Its less than ideal, but it happens all over the league. And the additional penalty is that those teams won't get a compensatory pick for losing a high-end FA... because they had to cut them.

Ware, Revis, Peppers, Jackson - all moved for $$ reasons.
              That's some serious talent, but your cap runs your team.
              The agents & players all sing hosanna's when the megadeal is signed- but the players never see the fluffy back-end of the deal.

It's a stupid system and it costs teams and fan-bases their favorite players
              We all deserve better.
              and have piled up cap debt for years! The Birds have no mega contracts. Moreover they could re-structure to lower the cap hit.
              Last edited by TOB_2; 03-24-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

The Eagles have the highest paid OL and the second highest paid WR group in the league. The offense is the highest paid at $78 million. The offense is ready to go through the roof once they address the QB position. Even if they purge themselves of DJax's contract and paid Foles the going freight, it will be the most expensive offense in the league.

Restructuring might buy a year. The cat is already out of the bag.

Comment

Working...
                X