No announcement yet.

Chiefs back out of Jackson sweepstakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. They lot the worst possible WR go between Jackson, Maclin, and Cooper. I would have been comfortable letting Cooper walk and putting Benn in the "big" receiver role.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      What should they have said, IG? They don't want to sign him. Why do they need to broadcast to everyone the reason why? It ridiculous that for some people the idea of "SMEAR CAMPAIGN" has gotten to the point that if a team say virtually NOTHING it's a smear.
      By cutting him right after the NJ.com story came out, the Eagles gave the gang angle more creditability. The implications of the timing are obvious. Why do you always have to play the moron?
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

bullshit

What should they have said, IG? They don't want to sign him. Why do they need to broadcast to everyone the reason why? It ridiculous that for some people the idea of "SMEAR CAMPAIGN" has gotten to the point that if a team say virtually NOTHING it's a smear.
        how is announcing youre interested (showing your fanbase that youre "going for it", then saying "we did our due diligence, no thanks" to justify backing off saying virtually nothing?

HOW IS THAT VIRTUALLY SAYING NOTHING? How???
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

he's playing the smart ass

he just wants to suck time out of your life by trying to get you to respond.

I'm done. Its obvious why the Eagles actions were a smear and why KC's were an implied smear...at least.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
            We don't know how he was in the locker room. For none of his teammates to come out and support him, he must have been a real pain in the ass. And that is all we can go by at the minute.
            i think kendricks came out and supported him....or at least said that jackson was just misunderstood.

i don't know how someone can misunderstand someone being a twat though. very good player...also a twat.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I get that part of it and I'm OK with that part

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              They were gonna cut him regardless. The article coming out gave them the perfect opportunity. Couldn't get a pick for a guy coming off a year like that and in his prime? Why? Doesn't pass the sniff test, does it? Kelly and some of his teammates must despise the guy or something. There's a lot we obviously don't know.
              what Im having difficulty with is the bullshit coming out of the FO and their lapdogs scarfing it down.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                By cutting him right after the NJ.com story came out, the Eagles gave the gang angle more creditability. The implications of the timing are obvious. Why do you always have to play the moron?
                It doesn't matter when that story came out - claims of a smear campaign would be made.

If it came out after they cut him, then it would be: They were smearing him after the fact.

If it came out and they cut him weeks later, it would be: They were smearing him to get the fan base ready for his release.

Unless the Eagles kept him, the gang angle from that story would have gotten more credibility regardless of when the Eagles cut him.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  how is announcing youre interested (showing your fanbase that youre "going for it", then saying "we did our due diligence, no thanks" to justify backing off saying virtually nothing?

HOW IS THAT VIRTUALLY SAYING NOTHING? How???
                  Non-smart ass version:
                  Because they said virtually nothing. They didn't give one reason or another as to why they lost interest. You're projecting your opinions of the Eagles FO and Reid.

Smart-ass version:
                  You guys are ridiculous. The evil Eagles FO is so sinister they have other teams smearing their players for them! Muahahahahahaha!
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I hear you. I was completely against this from the second the trade rumors dropped.

There are 5 stages of grief and I guess I'm finally at the acceptance phase. It's done. Now how do we replace him? The money is lost, the production needs to somehow be replaced. If they use a high picking a WR in May I'll be even more pissed off about it and the wound will be reopened.

Comment

so the "non" smartass version goes...

...just "because." non smartass = dumbass and avoids the question. Got it.

with a little pop psychology assessment thrown in for good measure. Way to be.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

...just "because." non smartass = dumbass and avoids the question. Got it.

with a little pop psychology assessment thrown in for good measure. Way to be.
                        I've answered you multiple times. You are inferring what you want from their statement. "due diligence" is a generic term for looking into something to avoid missing an opportunity. You want to make it more. But yeah, the Chiefs are in on the Jackson smear. Makes sense.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

well there you have it...a definition...

giving your definition of the term due diligence certainly clears it all up...while conveniently leaving out the entire first piece of it of them expressing interest, getting their fans excited, and then abruptly pulling out before using said term. Guess I have a different definition of the term "nothing."
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

I've answered you multiple times. You are inferring what you want from their statement. "due diligence" is a generic term for looking into something to avoid missing an opportunity. You want to make it more. But yeah, the Chiefs are in on the Jackson smear. Makes sense.
                            Show me a quote from the Chiefs that they did "due diligence".
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              Show me a quote from the Chiefs that they did "due diligence".
                              Show me a quote that says they didn't :D

Gentlemen;
                              Take my advice
                              Pull down your pants
                              and slide on the ice

Comment

giving your definition of the term due diligence certainly clears it all up...while conveniently leaving out the entire first piece of it of them expressing interest, getting their fans excited, and then abruptly pulling out before using said term. Guess I have a different definition of the term "nothing."
                                Like I said - you're going to infer what you want. Reid and Banner are gone. They can't hurt you anymore. Get over it.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X