• Show
Clear All

• the last days of Bill Conlin

pretty compelling read.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/la...s-bill-conlin/
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    I read the online teaser. Was enough to get me to buy the magazine for the whole article but I don't know where I can buy Philadephia magazine in NYC. Maybe at Penn Station?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

oooops, sorry

I read the print version today at my mom's...did not know the link did not contain the whole piece. Yeah, maybe Penn station...
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Horrible thing he was accused of but that guy was a great writer and part of a proud tradition in Philly that is sadly lacking in today's scribes.

Comment

I can send you a copy if you can't find it. Let me know. Good article.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

he was the best ever here, IMO

Other great ones: Sandy Grady, Mark Whicker, Ray Kelly Jr., Stan Hochman, Jack McKinney, Larry Merchant.

Conlin was absolutely the best after a bitter loss. Absolutely roasted the culprits from batboy all the way up to ownership.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

When I'm King of the World

Wangnuts will dance chained to an organ grinder on streetcorners and tip their little red hats when change is tossed their way.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
              X