We've been hearing about The Racists in cap hell for years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've been hearing about The Racists in cap hell for years

Where is this cap hell they are always in? The cap never seems to bother Snyder.

Well, the only Dungeon Majesty silver lining about that concept is that it flies in the face of the idea that the Chiefs "due diligence" was all about money.

Shit, the Saints with cap hell signed Byrd without putting Jimmy Graham to bed yet.

There are articles out there that Reid's lack of interest is telling us something ... now I have to hope the Foreskins doing this makes it more likely that's true.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
      Where is this cap hell they are always in? The cap never seems to bother Snyder.
      Well, they got out from under it by loading contracts into the uncapped year, then got punished for it. Now whether that was a legitimate punishment or not could be argued all day. I tend to side that it was unfair, and not just because of my rooting interests. It's another argument though and I don't want to sidetrack the thread.

Anyway, the Skins operated with 18 million dollars less the past two seasons, which is why there was a lot of restructuring and little free agent movement. The biggest FA signings last season were Daryll Tapp and E.J. Biggers, I think. The season before, it was Garcon and Meriweather. Garcon was a mid-high name, but we're not talking big time free agents here.

In addition to the cap going up this season, the Skins suddenly had the extra 18 million to work with. That's why they were able to make some of these moves.

Comment

What 18 million?

It was repeatedly reported they had 7.5 million in cap room for 2014 before this contract.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          What 18 million?

It was repeatedly reported they had 7.5 million in cap room for 2014 before this contract.
          We were right up against our penalty imposed cap last season. Going into this season, we had the cap raise that every team got, plus the 18 million dollars we weren't allowed to spend the past two seasons. Plus any cuts/restructures/finished contracts.

That's what we entered FA with. Then you have the various deals that were already made...Hatcher, Andre Roberts, Riley, the Orakpo franchise tag, etc. That left us with around 7 million left to spend. The only reason we were able to fit Jackson, along with everyone else, in this year is because we had the full cap to play with. There's a reason you didn't hear much about the Skins the past two free agency periods.
          Last edited by Phoward12; 04-02-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            I thought New Orleans was too until they tossed tons of money at Byrd.

However, Roob Frank is already laying the groundwork for this FO by publishing that article last week about how the Eagles cap situation will be tight next year.

Have no fear, the Eagles won't be one of these teams who find ways to manipulate the cap, when we're told "they're in cap hell" Howie and Jeffy will make sure you believe it.

Comment

Working...
            X