Question for the computer guru's on here,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    I'm looking into a new PC and Dell is getting less and less attractive. CyberPowerPC is intriguing. They're primarily gaming machines but the better graphics processing is helpful for some work I do.
    cyberpower and ibuypower kind of rip you off...but they are better than alienware as they are a complete joke.

i bought from ibuypower thinking i got a good deal as a friend recommended it. Then i built my own comp for almost as much money as i paid for the ibuypower one...and everything was an upgrade.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
      cyberpower and ibuypower kind of rip you off...but they are better than alienware as they are a complete joke.

i bought from ibuypower thinking i got a good deal as a friend recommended it. Then i built my own comp for almost as much money as i paid for the ibuypower one...and everything was an upgrade.
      I know having someone else built it is going to include a premium to the cost I just don't think I care to built my own. Also I'm considering a laptop again which I have no desire to build.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
        Basically this is just for work, no gaming, no streaming, no music, what it is used for primarily is for searching for loads thru different load boards to setup connections for my trucks.

The reason I don't use a laptop is that I need a large monitor, I have a 23" now and want a 27" it let's me scroll thru pages of info without have to slide the screen back and forth all the time.

The reason for the high memory is that all load sheets have to be stored as a snapshot for future reference, also I have to keep all current files for six months before I can flash drive them.
        An all-in-one is going to be similar to a laptop in that any changes/upgrades aren't going to be that easy. But it will be a lot cleaner of a setup.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

I know having someone else built it is going to include a premium to the cost I just don't think I care to built my own. Also I'm considering a laptop again which I have no desire to build.
          that makes sense. I would go cyberpower...seems like that they have more options anyway.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

An all-in-one is going to be similar to a laptop in that any changes/upgrades aren't going to be that easy. But it will be a lot cleaner of a setup.

That was a big plus for me Terp as we are in an older building and receptacles are at a premium, this would allow me to cut down on the wires and cables that are running everywhere.

Comment

I'm in the market too

primary usage will be internet and photoshopping KG pics. Any recos??
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Dell? DELL??? You Don't NEED No Stinking Dell!

My wife and I both have HP's -- she has The Devil's Tool -- a.k.a. a laptop -- and I have God's gift to computers, a desktop with a tower. I will buy another. And for those who laugh about my e-machine, it lasted 5 years and I never had a bit of trouble with it, so there!

I had one Dell -- I will NEVER have another. My happiest day was when I got to TRASH IT!

As for Windows 8 -- you're right -- it sucks bigtime. It took me forever to find the features that were so obvious on previous levels. Hopefully, enough people will complain that the powers that be will order them to go back to the way it was.
                Last edited by Kelly Green; 04-02-2014, 01:59 PM.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  My wife and I both have HP's -- she has The Devil's Tool -- a.k.a. a laptop -- and I have God's gift to computers, a desktop with a tower. I will buy another. And for those who laugh about my e-machine, it lasted 5 years and I never had a bit of trouble with it, so there!

I had one Dell -- I will NEVER have another. My happiest day was when I got to TRASH IT!

As for Windows 8 -- you're right -- it sucks bigtime. It took me forever to find the features that were so obvious on previous levels. Hopefully, enough people will complain that the powers that be will order them to go back to the way it was.

I just never have had any problems with any of our Dell's between everything we have 5 desktop systems running between the offices, all Dell, and never any problems, as stated my 9100 is over ten years old.

Unless, as others have suggested that all Dell's products have taken a huge shit of late, I was just going by our track record.

My IT gal here brought her laptop over and was showing me how to reconfigure W8 to a more user friendly W7 desktop look.

That was the reason I asked about a touch screen, I love my smartphone, which operates much like W8 but when you take away the touch screen and have to use a mouse with it, I get lost.

I just thought that maybe it would be more manageable with a touch screen.

Comment

Well since I asked for opinions I guess I should at least let you know what I got.

I know I will catch some grief but I did stick with the Dell, got it all hooked up today and trying to get accustom to W8.

I DO love the all-in-one, it has cleaned up my desktop and the lack of wires makes my desk look so clean and neat. Did not get touchscreen ( thought it a waste)

Wireless mouse, wireless router, wireless keyboard, wireless printer, now I can put shit where it needs to be instead of where the cables reach to, so much better.

I went with the 23" monitor and it has great contrast, color and clarity, if it lasts anywhere close to my old unit I will be very happy, maybe get a pic up tom.

Thanks for the advice and comments, much appreciated.
                    Last edited by Eagle Road; 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      Well since I asked for opinions I guess I should at least let you know what I got.

I know I will catch some grief but I did stick with the Dell, got it all hooked up today and trying to get accustom to W8.

I DO love the all-in-one, it has cleaned up my desktop and the lack of wires makes my desk look so clean and neat. Did not get touchscreen ( thought it a waste)

Wireless mouse, wireless router, wireless keyboard, wireless printer, now I can put shit where it needs to be instead of where the cables reach to, so much better.

I went with the 23" monitor and it has great contrast, color and clarity, if it lasts anywhere close to my old unit I will be very happy, maybe get a pic up tom.

Thanks for the advice and comments, much appreciated.
                      Unless you are gaming windows 8 isn't as bad as they make it out to be. I would suggest trying to get use to it as I don't foresee windows going back to the previous style. Touch screens will continue growing while traditional keyboard mouse functionality will dwindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post

5 years? that's it?

Comment

KG got an all in one

The areolamingo.
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            5 years? that's it?
                            What kind of crap computer lasts only 5 years?!? Windows XP lasted more than 12 years!
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              What kind of crap computer lasts only 5 years?!? Windows XP lasted more than 12 years!

I had XP on my old setup, worked well, but I guess you could say W7, it was intro'ed in Oct 09, and replaced by W8 in 2012?

Comment

Working...
                              X