From Richard Sherman : Pretty good article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Richard Sherman : Pretty good article

The Eagles are going to look really, really bad if they don't come out with a definitive reason for cutting him, and much to weizer's chagrin, people are going to keep bringing up Riley Cooper over and over again.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/02/richar...esean-jackson/
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Beat you by 3 minutes

Comment

yeah, i saw that

Originally posted by Sugar12 View Post
      Beat you by 3 minutes
      Sherman's right though. There needs to be more to this story to make cutting him justifiable.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thought Provoking

He makes some good points and is very articulate. I thought the Cooper and Irsay things were a stretch...But not really based on the limited amount we know (about why they released Desean). If it is as simple as a $ thing and a personality thing....Shame on the Eagles for not at least sticking up for the man and clearing his name.

Comment

Richard Sherman KNOWS the answer to his own question

Just look at what The Seahawks were doing. Look at what they did to the great Peyton Manning. The trend on defense now is going to be to copy what The Seahawks did. Abuse wide receivers without any regard for drawing a penalty. Look up how often the Hags were penalized last year. Who was left holding the Lombardi Trophy? Now, do you think that in THAT environment DeSean Jaccson is going to FLUORISH? He's listed as 5'11". That means he's probably not even 5'10". He's listed at 178 lbs. That means he's 170 at most. This guy can be pushed around and taken out of his comfort zone VERY easily. Will he get his if some D-back loses concentration for a second or two. Of course. He's NOT a complete receiver, folks. That's the issue here. Well not really. The REAL issue here is do you want to pay an incomplete receiver 10 million dollars a year?

Comment

Why

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
            The Eagles are going to look really, really bad if they don't come out with a definitive reason for cutting him, and much to weizer's chagrin, people are going to keep bringing up Riley Cooper over and over again.

do we care what Richard Sherman thinks? Who does this guy think he is now the Al Sharpton of the league?

Comment

Because folks like yourself

Originally posted by weizer View Post
              do we care what Richard Sherman thinks? Who does this guy think he is now the Al Sharpton of the league?
              Who probably see Sherman as some type of menacing thug, even though he's a Stanford educated Super Bowl champion, need to know that not everyone who's grown up or lives in the inner city is a bad person. Just because you KNOW people who do bad things, that doesn't mean you're involved with those things yourself. I'll wait while you show me where DeSean Jackson has been proven beyond any doubt to have any kind of direct affiliation with any gang in LA or anywhere else.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I don't listen to what

Who probably see Sherman as some type of menacing thug, even though he's a Stanford educated Super Bowl champion, need to know that not everyone who's grown up or lives in the inner city is a bad person. Just because you KNOW people who do bad things, that doesn't mean you're involved with those things yourself. I'll wait while you show me where DeSean Jackson has been proven beyond any doubt to have any kind of direct affiliation with any gang in LA or anywhere else.
                anybody not affiliated with Eagles has to say about our team...sorry.

Comment

Well that explains a whole hell of a lot

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                  anybody not affiliated with Eagles has to say about our team...sorry.
                  If you only listen to people affiliated with the Eagles, then you should be living in a constant fantasy land where nothing ever goes wrong, and the Eagles never make any kind of mistakes. Should I put money on our 16-0 record and Maclin's 1,800 yard season ?

Comment

That's Cooper's 1800 yard season

If you only listen to people affiliated with the Eagles, then you should be living in a constant fantasy land where nothing ever goes wrong, and the Eagles never make any kind of mistakes. Should I put money on our 16-0 record and Maclin's 1,800 yard season ?
                    get it straight nate

Comment

No matter what, from a purely locker room perspective, the team seemed to rally around Cooper.

It's looking like that's not the case with DJax.

For a new coach that is trying to sell the idea of a system and a team, i think that speaks volumes.

Comment

I agree, the Eagles need to come out with a definite reason for the cut. And Sherman does make some good points here. But he also makes the same Riley Cooper reference that I've seen over and over. Riley Cooper's white and makes a racist comment in public, and the Eagles give him a second chance. DeSean Jackson is black and gets cut because he supposedly has "gang ties". This is just my opinion, and feel free to disagree, but this referencing implies that the Eagles organization is racist. If that's the case, how does one explain the Eagles sticking their neck out for Michael Vick, a black man who was involved in things much worse than someone who only supposedly has ties to gang members?
                        "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

People change. Just because someone was friends with another person early in his life doesn't mean that he would still be friends with him today.

Maybe Jackson changed, who knows? Maybe his teammates don't like him, who knows?

I don't know Jackson and certainly can't say if he's a nice person, a distraction or a thug.

I do know that he was a talent. I wish him well. Just not against us.
                          Last edited by GroundedBird; 04-02-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I don't think the Eagles are racist at all

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
                            I agree, the Eagles need to come out with a definite reason for the cut. And Sherman does make some good points here. But he also makes the same Riley Cooper reference that I've seen over and over. Riley Cooper's white and makes a racist comment in public, and the Eagles give him a second chance. DeSean Jackson is black and gets cut because he supposedly has "gang ties". This is just my opinion, and feel free to disagree, but this referencing implies that the Eagles organization is racist. If that's the case, how does one explain the Eagles sticking their neck out for Michael Vick, a black man who was involved in things much worse than someone who only supposedly has ties to gang members?
                            but as we all know, perception is reality in the eyes of a lot of people.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
                              People change. Just because someone was friends with another person early in his life doesn't mean that he would still be friends with him today.

Maybe Jackson changed, who knows? Maybe his teammates don't like him, who knows?

I don't know Jackson and certainly can't say if he's a nice person, a distraction or a thug.

I do know that he was a talent. I wish him well. Just not against us.
                              I don't personally wish him any ill will, but he is indeed the enemy now, so I will not be rooting for him anymore. Same with Trotter, same with McNabb.
                              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X