X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good move for the Racists

+s
    -> Opens up the running game
    -> If you assume that Eagles/Racists games are basically toss ups, this kind of gives them an edge
    -> You'd have to be blind deaf and dumb or from Dallas not to see that DJax is a game changer. He probably makes a W out of two L's a year. He can consistently beat DB's deep. And his end arounds are usually good for 10-20.
    -> Frankly it is a FFesque message of redemption and he could become Cris Carter only shorter and faster
    -> Getting paid less than the Eagles were on the hook for

-s
    ->He is immature, dat fo sho
    -> If he has a good year, he could disrupt for a new contract

Having said all that I don't care if the Racists beat the Eagles twice as long as the Eagles finish ahead of the Racits. This is not guaranteed due to a tougher schedule. Indeed, I think the Eagles will be worse this year not due to DJax's absence, but because of the schedule.

I think the Eagles will not go for a WR in Round 1. They will wait until Round 3.

Nostradimbus has spaketh.
    DB

It's looking more and more like the eagles are the most racist team in the nfl, not Washington.

Riley Cooper? A raise and promotion. Desean Jackson? Cut based on rumors and innuendo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      It's looking more and more like the eagles are the most racist team in the nfl, not Washington.

Riley Cooper? A raise and promotion. Desean Jackson? Cut based on rumors and innuendo.
      This is absurd.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Guess giving vick a second chance wasn't that important.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

It's probably not necessary to bring examples up. It was a ridiculous statement made for shock value.

Comment

Ref Ref, You're WAY Off Base

Cooper's remark was said after a prolonged period of alcoholic bliss. Let he who has never said anything stupid because he had one or two or six too many, throw the first stone.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Ref, you're like a brother to me.

But in this case, it's Fredo.

They cut him for $$$ reasons and attitude reasons. Even Diggle will tell you that DJax is basically immature. Doesn't mean he isn't talented, but you just can't allocate all that cash to one position.
              DB

Comment

Does falling into a hedge row of brambles qualify?

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                Cooper's remark was said after a prolonged period of alcoholic bliss. Let he who has never said anything stupid because he had one or two or six too many, throw the first stone.
                I still have scars, emotional and otherwise.
                DB

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                  Guess giving vick a second chance wasn't that important.
                  Different era different coach different front office.

Comment

Different era different coach different front office.
                    still the same owner and roseman was still here...so that doesn't fly.

i mean, if they were that racist why did didn't they just get rid of desean...not sign maclin and just go with Eric Decker?

Maybe ask Riggins to come out of retirement so they can release Lesean.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Are

you drunk?

Comment

Why give McCoy a big pay day??

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        still the same owner and roseman was still here...so that doesn't fly.

i mean, if they were that racist why did didn't they just get rid of desean...not sign maclin and just go with Eric Decker?

Maybe ask Riggins to come out of retirement so they can release Lesean.
                        why hire a minority QB???

I can only believe Ref is posting this for shit stirring purposes.
                        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

You just went mental midget on us here.

Take it back like a man.

Comment

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...per-vs-jackson
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That is a myopic view of a more complex analogy

Cooper said a stupid thing, apologized and made amends with his teammates. Then he worked his ass off and put up the best numbers of his career.

Djax had bad work habits and did nothing to improve them, leaning completely on his talent. Kelly wants guys who are committed to football 24/7/365 and to his program. The league mandates that player have specified amounts of time off, an extreme amount compared to old-school football, but it does not prevent them using team facilities or maintaining their training on their own. From all accounts I have heard, DJax was always there when he was supposed to be, (well almost, was known to miss meetings), but never above and beyond.

Look at Jackson's stats the last few games over the last few years. Last year he put 195 receiving yards in the loss to the Vikes, then in a 52 point blowout of Chicago 4 catches for 29 yards. Season finale in Dallas, 3 catches for 28. Finally he had 3 catches for 53 yards against the saints, but only after the CB who single covered and shut him down for the whole game went out with a concussion. His year end stats have always tailed off, think maybe it is a conditioning issue?

My point, there is a hell of a lot more to this than Kelly not liking DeSean, or being a racist, it is about the kind of player he is. At 27 he is in his prime, but unless he fully commits to football and starts to better condition himself, this pattern will likely continue and get worse. Maybe he changes, he has said being cut 'humbled' him, but if he stayed here I doubt he would have.

And finally, he put up his BEST career numbers under Chip and didn't realize it was the coach who helped him achieve those numbers. Like Trotter leaving JJ's D, I don't think Jackson will enjoy the success he had here down in DC. We have lost better players for worse reasons than this, and most of them did not fare too well once they were gone.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Working...
                              X