Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagles aren't commenting on the gang article because they are the source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles aren't commenting on the gang article because they are the source.

That's really the only explanation that makes sense at this point. Why go through this hassle when you could defuse it with a three sentence press release distancing themselves from the gang story.

Apparently because if they tried that, Nj.com would out them. They really did pull an honest to gosh smear campaign. Stupid.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

There has to be some sort of connection with the Eagles FO and NJ.com.

Comment

This is worse than the fucking plane story.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        That's really the only explanation that makes sense at this point. Why go through this hassle when you could defuse it with a three sentence press release distancing themselves from the gang story.

Apparently because if they tried that, Nj.com would out them. They really did pull an honest to gosh smear campaign. Stupid.
        Yes that is the only possible explanation. If you are a fucking idiot.

Comment

You're a fucking idiot if you think Jeff Lurie wants headlines that his Gold Standard organization is being investigated for orchestrating a smear campaign. All it would take is a brief press release to defuse the whole thing. Tell me why the Eagles haven't done it.

And don't try that idiotic drivel that they are protecting Jackson from something worse. If that was true, they would have gone to the commissioners office, the information would have gone to Washington and they wouldn't have signed him.

They arent talking because they are the source of the story. Some moron in the front office thought they were being clever and stepped on his dick. They didn't get together in thirty minutes and decide to cut Jackson over a story full of information they already knew. They had it planned it advance.

If you don't hear a categorical denial from the Eagles by the end of the day, you can bet they're guilty of the leak.

If you have a cogent counter, please bring it on. Doosh.

Comment

You're a fucking idiot if you think Jeff Lurie wants headlines that his Gold Standard organization is being investigated for orchestrating a smear campaign. All it would take is a brief press release to defuse the whole thing. Tell me why the Eagles haven't done it.

And don't try that idiotic drivel that they are protecting Jackson from something worse. If that was true, they would have gone to the commissioners office, the information would have gone to Washington and they wouldn't have signed him.

They arent talking because they are the source of the story. Some moron in the front office thought they were being clever and stepped on his dick. They didn't get together in thirty minutes and decide to cut Jackson over a story full of information they already knew. They had it planned it advance.

If you don't hear a categorical denial from the Eagles by the end of the day, you can bet they're guilty of the leak.

I would suggest that they may be waiting for DJ to tell his side today before they answer anything, and I think that may be a wise move.

Comment

give us a plausible one

Originally posted by harls View Post
              Yes that is the only possible explanation. If you are a fucking idiot.
              go ahead.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

HUH???

Jaccson is on record with denying the gang thing.

Next?
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Please explain to me how this is a smear campaign by the Eagles when the evidence in the NJ.com article came from Jackson himself. You know, the pictures of him with known gang members HE posted on the internet and the so called gang sign he flashed during a Televised game.

Stop with this smear crap. Again, Jackson is either a moron or he is so arrogant that he thinks he can do whatever he wants without consequences.

Comment

I think this is what he's referencing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...spn-interview/

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      go ahead.
                      I already have. Covering their asses due to litigation. Covering their asses from stating he is not a Gang member and risking something coming out showing he was. Not knowing exactly what the truth is as far as gang ties.

I am sure there are also possible reasons that I nor anyone else here has thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
                        You know, the pictures of him with known gang members HE posted on the internet and the so called gang sign he flashed
                        There was more in that article than the gang sign. Somebody bundled up every bit of info, rumor and innuendo they had that made Jackson look like a Crip and dumped it all out. A murder in front of a building leased by his sister? Thirty minutes later, the Eagles release him.

Comment

maybe the reason is libel.

I have not seen anything yet on where the Eagles said anything about gangs. The unnamed source used in the nj.com article said "off-field behavior" not "off-field associations".

If the Eagles did say something about gangs then they might open themselves up to lawsuits.

As of right now, everything all conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            Jaccson is on record with denying the gang thing.

Next?

OK, DJ comes out and says that he and Kelly just couldn't see eye to eye, and everything else is just gossip, IF that were to happen, it would just reinforce the FO not saying anything as there was no story.

Next.

Comment

So if I understand you correctly

Originally posted by harls View Post
                              I already have. Covering their asses due to litigation. Covering their asses from stating he is not a Gang member and risking something coming out showing he was. Not knowing exactly what the truth is as far as gang ties.

I am sure there are also possible reasons that I nor anyone else here has thought of.
                              You think that whatever info the Eagles have is so bad, that it's better for DeSean if the nation thinks he is gang affiliated, than if people knew the real truth. Let's not forget one of the reported reasons that the Eagles cut him outright. It was because they didn't want to be the team to trade DeSean's "issues" to another team. How nice of them. You don't think that even a POS organization like Washington is going to do it's own investigating into DeSean ? Have they missed this terrible, no good, very bad other news about DeSean, or do they know about it and are willing to give him $16 million in guaranteed money anyway ? It's a smear, and the Eagles did a piss poor job of covering it up.
                              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 04-04-2014, 12:30 PM.
                              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X