Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So FF tolerated Jackson for 5 yrs and only lasted 1 yr with Chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So FF tolerated Jackson for 5 yrs and only lasted 1 yr with Chip?

FF Reid Mr.Mormon tolerated Jackson but Chip couldn't? This doesn't add up. I think it would be the opposite.I just can't figure this out. Maybe Jackson isn't in Chip's future plans as on the field.

Banner/FF couldn't handle TO but they had Jackson in Eagles green until their departure...This is as a mystery as the missing plane

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
    FF Reid Mr.Mormon tolerated Jackson but Chip couldn't? This doesn't add up. I think it would be the opposite.I just can't figure this out. Maybe Jackson isn't in Chip's future plans as on the field.

Banner/FF couldn't handle TO but they had Jackson in Eagles green until their departure...This is as a mystery as the missing plane
    I can believe it. Different people, different personalities. Reid (FF) selected Jackson, Kelly did not.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I can believe it. Different people, different personalities. Reid (FF) selected Jackson, Kelly did not.
      I agree. I think Jackson and FF had a good rapport.

Comment

I think Reid and the front office at that time coddled DJax, probably much like we ALL used to say how coddled McNabb was. I just don't think CK puts up with any of that nonsense.

Just by the way TC's are run with more hitting, practices,workouts and less days off, I just think CK runs a much tighter ship than AR, I think DJax found out he would not have the same "allowances" with CK that he had with AR.

I would bet that was the start of it, DJax had a year to see the light, it didn't happen, See Ya.

Comment

I agree. I think Jackson and FF had a good rapport.
          Reid seemed to like reclamation projects and he had been with the team long enough he had the standing to try to pull them off whether it worked or not.

Kelly didn't have that last year but he did appear to be a no-nonsense type of coach. Not Coughlin drill-sargenty, but disciplined and structured. Look at the diet, the practices, etc.

He didn't have any ties to Jackson like Reid did so it's not that surprising he'd want him gone when Reid kept him around.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            I think Reid and the front office at that time coddled DJax, probably much like we ALL used to say how coddled McNabb was. I just don't think CK puts up with any of that nonsense.

Just by the way TC's are run with more hitting, practices,workouts and less days off, I just think CK runs a much tighter ship than AR, I think DJax found out he would not have the same "allowances" with CK that he had with AR.

I would bet that was the start of it, DJax had a year to see the light, it didn't happen, See Ya.
            If Chip Kelly had been coach for 8 years and drafted Jackson, maybe he would have given him more rope.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

T.O. was more about McNabb than Banner/FF, as far as I remember

Are you buying the whole story, or just that Chip hated Djax and wanted him gone? Was it still a smear or a convenient smokescreen?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                Was it still a smear or a convenient smokescreen?
                The NJ.com story? I agree with Maniac about that.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The NJ.com story? I agree with Maniac about that.
                  I think I'm coming around after this. I'm just not sure why you ever put skin in the game, even to be vindictive. It's one thing to smear Jackson as a prick in the locker room. But why bother with the gang stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    T.O. was more about McNabb than Banner/FF, as far as I remember
                    I think it was about him tearing up his contract and getting a new deal = Banner/FO. The McNabb bickering came up when McNabb who is the company man didn't step up to FO and didn't said a word in his behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post

I think Reid was the coach with more hitting, right? Reid did reward the players with more days off after a win late in the season. Prolly not a bad idea.

Anyway, hitting in practice and camp is mandated by the union now.
                      Nobody runs camps like buddy Ryan anymore. Hindsight shows it was kinda dumb.

Comment

Working...
                      X