We won't know what really happened until Desean writes a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We won't know what really happened until Desean writes a book

Until Desean Jackson writes a book with a title like, "As bad as I wanna be," or "Just Give me the damn ball," all this speculation about Desean Jackson being an intolerable locker room cancer that a team can't win with is being blown out of proportion. After all, the writers of both those books were notorious disruptive forces in the locker room. That's right, Denis Rodman and Keyshawn Johnson took such pride in disrupting their team's locker rooms that they spent their offfseasons writing books that would disrupt their locker room further. And yet their teams won championships.

So this all begs the following questions:

1 If Desean is such a selfish and disruptive teammate why hasn't he written a book?

2 What qualities do Championship Coaches like Phil Jackson, Jon Gruden, Bill Parcells and Chuck Daly possess that Chip Kelly does not which allows them to endure FAR MORE DISRUPTIVE forces in their locker room?

3 Is the problem here really Desean Jackson and his mild-to-moderate case of locker room disruption or is it Chip Kelly's inexperience in dealing with professional players? If so, is this going to be an ongoing issue?

Oh, and just for the record, the Jets traded Keyshawn Johnson, when he was 28 years old, for two first round picks after a storied history of locker room disruption which included lambasting Al Groh, the Jets replacement for Bill Parcells.

This move by the Eagles reeks of arrogance, incompetance and dirty dealings. Sure, Desean is not a blameless victim here but let's not act like dealing with disruptive players isn't a fact of life for coaches of professional sports teams. I like Chip Kelly but if he thinks he can just cut players who pose a problem in his locker room this his tenure in Philadelphia will be very short and it will pose serious long term ramifications for anyone who replaces him.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Inexcusable disgrace describes it well. You cannot send your best players away and get nothing in return.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-05-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I don't think there was a locker room problem - as in conflict between players. Sounds like Kelly just didn't like Jackson's personality. This is what Jackson said last night.

"The first time, once he told me, I sat there and was like… I want to hear what he’s gonna say, so waiting and waiting and waiting. And he came back with the same reason. It was more going in a new direction. And he felt it was best for me, best for him, so that’s kind of where we left it. I got off the phone, I was like, ‘You sure? That’s it?’ And we hung up. And that was it."
      Should have got something for him in any case. Even just getting him out of the division would have been smart.

If it turns out that Gruden can coach, Kelly might have created a big problem for himself.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Wangster's Paradise
        By Ya Boi

Comment

Working...
        X