Looking forward: This sends a MAJOR message to the locker room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward: This sends a MAJOR message to the locker room

Either you are with Chip or you are gone.

From that perspective it's a good move, IMO,

We will have to see how things play out on the field next year, of course.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

How about either you r a committed player a man not a child that is a whinny bitch that curses out the boss in front of the rest of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I would have to assume the ayers are privy to more info on why he is gone then we are. Whatever the reasons it seems like it will be good for the locker room. how it goes for on the field is yet to be seen i am hopeful but have my doubts.

Comment

I Wonder Why We Never Heard About These Problems

What happens in the locker room doesn't always stay in the locker room. The world knew virtually everything The Wide Receiver Who Shall Remain Nameless did, which is definitely NOT the case with Jackson.

Bitching at Chip, taking an Allen Iverson approach to practice and the other things we are just now hearing about are legitimate reasons to feel the team and the locker room will be better without Jackson -- but how come nobody went to a single reporter and said, "Don't tell them who told you this but..."? How come none of the beat reporters was able to find a single source to talk about it while Jackson was still an Eagle?

Sorry -- but I'm still not convinced that we're getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
          Sorry -- but I'm still not convinced that we're getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
          there's way less to this story than people want to believe. kelly didn't like jackson so he dumped him. that's it.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            there's way less to this story than people want to believe. kelly didn't like jackson so he dumped him. that's it.
            I think it's more like "Kelly didn't like Jackson, and Roseman is inept at trading players, so he dumped him, instead."

The true, major story here is that Roseman overplayed his hand and failed to get anything in return for a Pro Bowl player.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I can't verify the blogger's expertise, but this article suggests that Kelly just didn't want to put up with Jackson's attitude.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...n-locker-room/
              Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

It's a normal thing for coaches to do

I just read the book "Run to Win" about Vince Lombardi. He did it. Seemed to work out OK.

Andy Reid did it, albeit with lesser talents. Worked for him too.

There was a reason Mr Jackson slipped in the draft. First round talent with second rate attitude. It's not surprising that he would wear out his welcome eventually.

Comment

Or in your eyes, how about

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                  How about either you r a committed player a man not a child that is a whinny bitch that curses out the boss in front of the rest of the team.
                  as long as you are of the superior white race
                  You think its a joke!?!

Comment

Like Reggie Jackson?

Called his manager AND team owner out in public.

You'd have had a problem with that uppity one too, hmm?
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                    X