NY Times: Eagles disgraceful, Kelly delusional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Times: Eagles disgraceful, Kelly delusional

They give a big thumbs down to the Eagles smear campaign.

There were clearly personality clashes between Jackson and Kelly, according to reporters who cover the Eagles, and maybe that was the reason Jackson had to go. That’s the business of pro sports.

But this was a disgraceful way for a franchise to try to cover its back while releasing its best player. The Eagles insulted the intelligence of many fans and relied on the bigotry of others to sell the narrative of a young black player’s suspected gang affiliation to rationalize cutting him.

I suspect that Kelly, like so many delusional football coaches, may truly feel his system is so ethereal, so ingenious, that he can fill it with a gaggle of Riley Coopers and reach the Super Bowl
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/sp...s-way-out.html
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Did you buy you jackson foreskin jersey yet?

Comment

Gee -- An Anti-Eagle Rant From IronEagle's Favorite Newspaper

What a surprise.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

The first article that gets to the truth and reality of this mess. Much , if not all of it, could have been avoided if they handled it the right way. Got in front of this instead of putting their heads in the sand and letting things go to the point where the League needs to investigate. Maybe the players didn't like .jackson and are glad he is gone. But in the back of their minds, they are wondering about how they will be treated. And , potential draft picks and FAs are probably thinking about being with an organization that acts like this.

Comment

Well written. Such a breath of fresh air after reading local Philly scribes.
          Last edited by The Ref; 04-05-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            Well written. Such a breath of fresh air after reading local Philly scribes.
            Are you serious? That's the same shit that's being written by everyone. And what's with the shots at Kelly for replacing Vick with Foles?
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I agree with the sentiment, as I posted this earlier:

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=288639&

Glad you brought it up again as it shows how nationally tarnished the "Gold Standard" is as a result of this crap.

It's not just the Philadelphia beat reporters questioning the Eagles here...
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I largely agree with article. I have one issue with it. He's not their best player. I know it is inconsequential with regard to the bigger picture, but this has been posted several times now and that gets me every time I read it.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This article is complete crap.

Reason? It asserts the following

"The NJ.com article that led to his release by the Eagles".

Blatantly wrong and misleading. While he was released after the article, there has been no established link.

Poor and sloppy editing of the article. The NY Times should be embarrassed by the sloppy reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
                    This article is complete crap.

Reason? It asserts the following

"The NJ.com article that led to his release by the Eagles".

Blatantly wrong and misleading. While he was released after the article, there has been no established link.

Poor and sloppy editing of the article. The NY Times should be embarrassed by the sloppy reporting.
                    I agree. I'm not onboard with the smear campaign but that article is absolute trash filled with inaccuracies from start to finish.

What the fuck was with the shots at the Eagles first signing Vick ("when they could get him for a song") and then replacing him with Foles ("opting instead to rely on Foles")? Not to even mention that they declared the NJ.com article led to his release? Or that LeSean McCoy is the best player on the Eagles? Or the deduction that it was CERTAINLY the Eagles that released all the gang-related news?

Very poor for the NYT, a joke.
                    Last edited by hoo bleeds green; 04-05-2014, 09:41 PM.
                    To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      Are you serious? That's the same shit that's being written by everyone. And what's with the shots at Kelly for replacing Vick with Foles?
                      La Ref is just trolling at this point.
                      To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

I rooted for Foles over Vick and enjoyed Cooper scoring TDs for my team. This writer has an agenda.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHh3ykPQEl4

Comment

Bwah
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Bwah
                            Racism is alive and well.

I know this because I just got in touch with a friend I haven't been in touch with for many years.

He was VERY comfortable throwing the N word around, etc.

I think overall he's a good guy, but yeah, he's a racist.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

What a joke ... selective use of incomplete information and at least one out and out assumption with no factual basis (nj.com article led to Jackson's release).

He must think his audience, mostly NY, doesn't know his disingenuous bullshit.

Such as the fact that the Eagles signed Vick to a huge contract after getting him for a "song" ... thereafter signing him for a $10 million incentive deal when nobody thought they should have ... and gave him the starting job until Foles played so well after Vick got hurt he made the fucking pro bowl as a virtual rookie.
                              Last edited by slag; 04-05-2014, 10:40 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X