It seems old habits die hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems old habits die hard

Why is it the Eagles always find away to fuck shit up and come across as vindictive?

Releasing Jaccson created a hole and weakened the team in March, be it a Chip Kelly, Howard Roseman, Don Smolelenski or Jeff Lurie's decision, it was done. The reasons might never be known or understood because the Eagles do not feel the need to give answers to the public and live in a bunker mentality. All of the goodwill Kelly forged this past year is tarnished. Smears, attitudes, locker room personalities and the ability to handle divas has been called into question.

Letting Jaccson going to the racists in DC was a miscalculation and mistake that will affect the Eagles on some level.

As fans we have every right to question, as season ticket holders we deserve answers but none will be coming. Maybe Kelly is more Belichek than we thought. It is his way, or goodbye!

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
    Why is it the Eagles always find away to fuck shit up and come across as vindictive?

Releasing Jaccson created a hole and weakened the team in March, be it a Chip Kelly, Howard Roseman, Don Smolelenski or Jeff Lurie's decision, it was done. The reasons might never be known or understood because the Eagles do not feel the need to give answers to the public and live in a bunker mentality. All of the goodwill Kelly forged this past year is tarnished. Smears, attitudes, locker room personalities and the ability to handle divas has been called into question.

Letting Jaccson going to the racists in DC was a miscalculation and mistake that will affect the Eagles on some level.

As fans we have every right to question, as season ticket holders we deserve answers but none will be coming. Maybe Kelly is more Belichek than we thought. It is his way, or goodbye!

Silence isnt a smear. Even if they said he has gang affiliations it isnt a smear since it is true.

Comment

Tell me which of these details weren't available prior to this offseason:

1. DeSean hangs out with shitty rappers/wannabe gangsters
      2. DeSean pouts about his contract
      3. DeSean gets pissy if anybody criticizes him for anything
      4. DeSean doesn't take the team activities and meetings seriously
      5. DeSean fights with his coaches

I actually defended him wanting more guaranteed money after last season, but the idea that the Eagles have suddenly started leaking negative information to the media recently is absurd. This shit has been talked about for years with DJax.

Fuck them for not getting a pick for him, but WHO GIVES A SHIT if they release a canned PR statement regarding the circumstances of his release. It's going to be bullshit anyway, and the fan base would see it as such. To act like this has anything to do with race, or that it somehow affects the appeal of the Eagles for other players is just sensational bullshit that people on here are perpetuating.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        Tell me which of these details weren't available prior to this offseason:

1. DeSean hangs out with shitty rappers/wannabe gangsters
        2. DeSean pouts about his contract
        3. DeSean gets pissy if anybody criticizes him for anything
        4. DeSean doesn't take the team activities and meetings seriously
        5. DeSean fights with his coaches

I actually defended him wanting more guaranteed money after last season, but the idea that the Eagles have suddenly started leaking negative information to the media recently is absurd. This shit has been talked about for years with DJax.

Fuck them for not getting a pick for him, but WHO GIVES A SHIT if they release a canned PR statement regarding the circumstances of his release. It's going to be bullshit anyway, and the fan base would see it as such. To act like this has anything to do with race, or that it somehow affects the appeal of the Eagles for other players is just sensational bullshit that people on here are perpetuating.
        All of those things have been known prior to the offseason. The eagles decided he wasnt worth dealing with those things. A paper reported things that have been known once it was known the eagles were getting rid of him. Everyone was assuming why and a paper was looking for the reason.
        Last edited by harls; 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
          All of those things have been known prior to the offseason. The eagles decided he wasnt worth dealing with those things. A paper reported things that have been known once it was known the eagles were getting rid of him. Everyone was assuming why and a paper was looking for the reason.
          The problem may be that somebpdy in the Eagles organization pointed the NJ.com reporter in the direction of the gang connection.

See, I can play innuendo too!
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            The problem may be that somebpdy in the Eagles organization pointed the NJ.com reporter in the direction of the gang connection.

But why would they need to? It was out there. I'm guessing once the trade talks made national news, a reporter from DJax's hometown started digging in to the stories surrounding DJax's friends/property and then contacted an Eagles writer to help flesh out the story and have some credibility with their sources (even though Shorr-Parks has none), who of course, don't have to be identified.

It also makes no sense for them to leak the gang story while they're trying to shop him...
            Last edited by Melchior; 04-05-2014, 01:03 PM.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Its possible yes but if they did it is still not smearing him. If they told the paper to run something untrue or not public knowledge then it would be a smear.

Was it a smear campaign when the pats released hernandez?

Comment

I give a shit, asshole. No one just cuts one of there to two most talented players in his prime, and under contract and has nothing to say about it. Desean being a pain in the ass isn't good enough. Not getting a draft pick and outright releasing him, isn't good enough. You think it's absurd to entertain the idea that the eagles whispered in elliot shorr parks ear about an article? Where the fuck are you from? When was the last time a team was investigated by the union for cutting a player without the player himself crying foul. Don't get me wrong, I'm over it now but don't think for a fucking second the front office didnt make this thing worse than it had to be. From a pr perspective they look like shit and they don't care. They will never address it and they won't have to because 70000 people are waiting in line.
                Last edited by Greenstealth; 04-05-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I said they fucked this up by not getting a pick. The guy was obviously a pain in the ass and they cut him. You want them to come out and say it and pile on? The coach couldn't work with him and the NJ.com story blew their trade option.

The NFLPA investigation is bullshit. Smearing him would've gone against their own interests.

Comment

Yeah, I want to know what happened. I want to hear what they have to say. It's insulting to the fans. That investigation is bull shit? Maybe it is but obviously someone else is connecting dots. Stepford retards sit here and say "smearing him would go against their interests", well braniac, what part of this didn't go against their best interests? You give the fo too much credit. Rowie Hoseman isn't the hero you want him to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X