Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting DJax: The Final Jeopardy Answer IS -- Moronic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting DJax: The Final Jeopardy Answer IS -- Moronic!

I've gone back and forth thinking about what we've heard and I've finally come to the conclusion that DeSean Jackson was being paid all that money to help the Philadelphia Eagles win football games and he MORE than did that!

In his first go-round under Kelly's system at the grizzled age of 27 with Heaven knows how many more similar seasons ahead of him for the Birds, he caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with only one fumble; he forced defensive coordinators to plan specifically for him thus allowing other teammates to see less coverage -- and because of all that, a certain pretty fair running back was able to have a fair season himself as defenders kept at least one eye on Jackson. To me that more than fulfills his contractual obligations.

Put that together with the glorious never-to-be-forgotten memory of Tom Coughlin dissolving into a puddle of goo on the sidelines after The Return and I can not see this being anything but brain dead stupidity.

I would have fined him bigtime for the insubordination (bitching at Kelly), but the last thing I would have done was release him. If Kelly brings in a kid in the Draft he damn well better be God's gift to the position because he'll have to get his feet into a mighty big pair of tiny shoes.
    Last edited by Kelly Green; 04-05-2014, 12:22 PM.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

RIGHT ON!

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
    I've gone back and forth thinking about what we've heard and I've finally come to the conclusion that DeSean Jackson was being paid all that money to help the Philadelphia Eagles win football games and he MORE than did that!

In his first go-round under Kelly's system at the grizzled age of 27 with Heaven knows how many more similar seasons ahead of him for the Birds, he caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with only one fumble; he forced defensive coordinators to plan specifically for him thus allowing other teammates to see less coverage -- and because of all that, a certain pretty fair running back was able to have a fair season himself as defenders kept at least one eye on Jackson. To me that more than fulfills his contractual obligations.

Put that together with the glorious never-to-be-forgotten memory of Tom Coughlin dissolving into a puddle of goo on the sidelines after The Return and I can not see this being anything but brain dead stupidity.

I would have fined him bigtime for the insubordination (bitching at Kelly), but the last thing I would have done was release him. If Kelly brings in a kid in the Draft he damn well better be God's gift to the position because he'll have to get his feet into a mighty big pair of tiny shoes.
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, SIR
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

And drafting a WR Should be the last thing they should be thinking about if they want to contend for the ring. This offense was great last year. The pieces were in place. Seattle and SF are favorites going into next year because their coaches understand what a strong D can do. Here, it's an afterthought.

Comment

Working...
      X