Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw the gun nut debate. Here's a real controversy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw the gun nut debate. Here's a real controversy.

Should men pay more than women at buffets?

Discuss.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...uffets/360393/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I'll wait for KG's take on this one.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Yes

And teenage boys should pay double
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

It sorta reads like weight restrictions on planes (and getting 2 seats). I wonder if charging by weight (of the customer) could be a work around?

Comment

Fairest way would be to weigh your plate, pay for what you eat. Or you could weigh before you eat and then weigh after you eat, and pay for the difference.

Then the only issue is, what about if you were to take a dump while there? You could walk in and weigh 205, eat 4 pounds of food, take a 5 pound dump and weigh 204 on the way out.

So, would they "owe" you since you lost weight, or would there be a minimum bathroom charge?

So many options, you have opened a can of worms!
          Last edited by Eagle Road; 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

weigh the poo you take...

Comment

Agree on the double charge for males under the age of 21. Used to road trip to the Chesapeake Bay Seafood House on Roosevelt Blvd while in college. All you could eat at the price point and below of your first selection. King crab legs were $19.99 and the priciest thing on the menu. After that it was 'strap on the feed bag'. One night every table in the place turned over twice before we were done. Couldn't have made $$ on us.

Comment

Many Years ago, in Florida, New England Oyster House;

Had a buffet on Fridays, The last item on the buffet was lobster Newburg, I would skip all the appetizers, salads etc. Go to the end of the line and load my plate with Lobster Newburg,
                they lost money on me!
                "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

We use to hit that in college too... way back in the day.

Comment

Perhaps it could be age/weight/height adjusted for each customer.
                    Each customer could undergo analysis before seating.
                    I think that would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
                      Perhaps it could be age/weight/height adjusted for each customer.
                      Each customer could undergo analysis before seating.
                      I think that would be fair.

Your right, the only problem now is the price of the buffet went from 13.99 to 24.99 because you will now need a BMI analogist expert, scales, extra help to process people, and security for those trying to take their clothes off so they weigh less.

Add to this the turnover loss at rush hour, the business has to make up for it somehow, price goes up, or quality of food/services, goes down.

I better stop here before this gets political!

Comment

Use to be a buffet around here where you paid by your weight.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                        X