I didn't know the Eagles actually made an offer for Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know the Eagles actually made an offer for Jordan

Maybe it was posted here and I missed it.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...se-for-eagles/

What board are you on?

Disgrace!

Comment

Indeed!!!!

Comment

No interest in trading our first or second for him. He has a bum shoulder.

Comment

It's disturbing how much Howie Roseclown was allegedly willing to give up for Jordan.

This guy should be barred from making trades. He couldn't negotiate a straightaway going the posted speed limit.

The obvious case in point was the relatively minor Sopoaga deal. The Pats needed a NT to replace Wilfork last season. So, instead of either holding on to Sopoaga and telling the Pats to pound sand, or dealing Sopoaga straight up for a draft pick, Roseclown dealt Sopoaga AND A PICK for a pick one round higher. So, in essence, Roseclown dealt two players for one just to help the Pats ( and, presumably, get out of Sopoaga's contract).

Now, with this claimed offer for Jordan, Roseclown, YET AGAIN, wanted to deal Graham and a second round pick (two players) for Jordan.

And let's not get into his FAILURE to trade Desean Jackson for anything before word got out that he was gonna cut him if he couldn't work a deal.

The guy is a joke when it comes to trades, plain and simple.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

the graham and 2nd round pick trade is dumb...but getting anything back for sopoaga...i don't have a problem with it at all.

sopoaga turned out to be a bum and 6th round...5th round...meh, who gives a shit.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

he turned that 5th into sproles...

Still - You're right. Although moving Graham and a pick For Jordan (a player who fits your defense) isn't necessarily bad. I do think a 2nd is too high, but if the alternative is drafting a DE/OLB in the 2nd and letting graham waste away, i'm for the trade in that sense.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-11-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                It's disturbing how much Howie Roseclown was allegedly willing to give up for Jordan.

This guy should be barred from making trades. He couldn't negotiate a straightaway going the posted speed limit.

The obvious case in point was the relatively minor Sopoaga deal. The Pats needed a NT to replace Wilfork last season. So, instead of either holding on to Sopoaga and telling the Pats to pound sand, or dealing Sopoaga straight up for a draft pick, Roseclown dealt Sopoaga AND A PICK for a pick one round higher. So, in essence, Roseclown dealt two players for one just to help the Pats ( and, presumably, get out of Sopoaga's contract).

Now, with this claimed offer for Jordan, Roseclown, YET AGAIN, wanted to deal Graham and a second round pick (two players) for Jordan.

And let's not get into his FAILURE to trade Desean Jackson for anything before word got out that he was gonna cut him if he couldn't work a deal.

The guy is a joke when it comes to trades, plain and simple.
                They traded Sopoaga (a total fucking bum) for Sproles. You're bitching about that? And no one was trading for DJax at $10m, as evidenced by his $8m current salary.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of trading a 2nd for Jordan, regardless of what they do with Graham.
                Last edited by Melchior; 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

No, it's a disgrace that you go on another board!

Treason!

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    They traded Sopoaga (a total fucking bum) for Sproles.
                    No they didn't.

They dealt a sixth and Sopoaga for one pick, a fifth round pick. Then they dealt the fifth they obtained for Sopoaga for Sproles. They would have had a fifth to deal for Sproles regardless of the deal.

The Sopoaga deal was a poor deal because they should have just dealt Sopoaga for a sixth. Then they would have one more pick in this year's draft (instead of one fifth they'd have two sixths). It's poor negotiating.
                    Last edited by J_Cuz31; 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

It's poor negotiating.
                      How?

1) Hang onto useless Sopoaga - get nothing
                      2) use Sopoaga to upgrade a 6th rounder to a 5th

For comparison's sake, last year during the draft, Seattle traded their 5th and 6th for Detroit's 5th.

Comment

No they didn't.

They dealt a sixth and Sopoaga for one pick, a fifth round pick. Then they dealt the fifth they obtained for Sopoaga for Sproles. They would have had a fifth to deal for Sproles regardless of the deal.

The Sopoaga deal was a poor deal because they should have just dealt Sopoaga for a sixth. Then they would have one more pick in this year's draft (instead of one fifth they'd have two sixths). It's poor negotiating.
                        When's the last time a 6th round pick made the team?
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          How?

1) Hang onto useless Sopoaga - get nothing
                          2) use Sopoaga to upgrade a 6th rounder to a 5th

For comparison's sake, last year during the draft, Seattle traded their 5th and 6th for Detroit's 5th.
                          You negotiate like Howie does and only look at it from your own, desperate, perspective. In REALITY, New England was the team in need for a NT when Wilfork went down. New England approached the Eagles and, quite simply, Sopoaga was worth a sixth at that point. But Howie seemingly wanted to stretch the value and that resulted in him making a wasteful two for one deal so he could get a fifth. I don't see what's so hard to understand about how stupid that type of dealing is.

Comment

I don't see what's so hard to understand about how stupid that type of dealing is.
                            really? I'm confounded how you do.

it's small potatoes really. But, I did just show you how the super bowl winner made the same (value) trade.

The eagles traded two 6ths for a 5th.

Seattle traded a 5th and a 6th for a 5th.
                            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-11-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Pretty minor things to harp on and declare the guy a joke when it comes to trades.

Sopoaga was a failed free agent signing--if anything moan about that. He isn't even a Patriot anymore because they released him. Eagles got rid of him and were able to move up 1 round in the draft to do so---also gave them the flexibility to offer up a 5th for Sproles which likely got that trade done.

Comment

Working...
                              X