I want Calvin Pryor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
    If he's there you have to take him but I think he will be long gone, and fuck the shoulder tackle non sense when he hits someone they go down.
    I have a feeling that Pryor will be there at 22. Clinton-Dix will probably go first since he's more of a cover guy than Pryor. There are some really good DBs in this draft that could slide with the top 15 being dominated by OL/Pass Rushers/WRs and of course the top couple QBs.

You could realistically see 2 QBs, 2-3 OL, 2-3 pass rushers and 5-6 WRs go in the top 20. Plus the top 2 CBs will probably go before any safeties are taken.

Knowing this team, Pryor and Anthony Barr will fall to 22. The Eagles will pick Barr who will tear his ACL in his rookie season and never really establish himself. Pryor will go to Cincinnati and become a Pro Bowler.
    Last edited by Melchior; 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Mike Evans looks decent for a Wide out

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Where'd you hear that bull?
      but he will be gone by 22,,,looking more and more like the Eagles will trade in some way...I hope they go Defense with the 1st pick, but with chip you never know.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

CB's will get snatched up at WR's expense.

WR's will fall into the late 1st and early 2nd. there are too many with similar game/grades. teams will wait.

Comment

What you really want is a safety who can cover. Cover WRs cover TEs and cover RBs and that's not his game. Did you notice only 1 play of that highlight reel shows him in coverage ?

Pryor's game doesn't transfer well to Goodell's NFL and I counted 9 penalties and about $150k in fines in his highlight reel

Grab an edge- rusher early, and come back for a rangier FS type in the 3rd round

Spending a premium pick on an in-the-box safety who shrank 3 inches at the combine isn't the best value for pick 22 imo. Pass rushers and CBs come first in the pecking order...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...rnerbacks.html
          Last edited by PackWest; 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Simply cannot reach for a pass rusher. I'd be fine with a CB like Roby if the other 3 are gone.

Pryor has good instincts and helps big time in the run game as well. I think he has a very solid all around playing ability. I think he will be fine in coverage and will most definitely make receivers fear coming across the middle on top of it. that is a huge factor in the 2nd half of games.

I thought about the hits and he uses his shoulder to lead, not his head. yes, some fines in there for sure. that 1 where he KO'd that dude on the sideline would be a 75k fine from that piece of shit Goodell.

Comment

Safeties are really hard to scout. Its the most difficult transition from college to pro as he goes from playing checkers vs 21 year olds to playing chess with the likes of Brady, Brees, Manning etc

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                Safeties are really hard to scout. Its the most difficult transition from college to pro as he goes from playing checkers vs 21 year olds to playing chess with the likes of Brady, Brees, Manning etc

Good Luck
                To be fair, Pryor is physical enough to be a factor on blitzes and Billy Davis seems to value being able to blitz from anywhere. It's so hard to say how his coverage skills will work out in the NFL, but if he can come in and dislodge balls, play the run and blitz a little bit, they may think he's versatile enough to take him at 22.

That being said, they just drafted Wolff last year and signed Jenkins, so there's a really good chance the 22nd pick is an OLB, WR or CB. Those are the sexy positions.
                Last edited by Melchior; 04-17-2014, 12:24 PM.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

you're talking to a group of fans who have gotten exactly 1 DE pick right in the last 10 years. these names still terrify us all:

mamula
                  jon harris
                  Brandon graham (over earl Thomas)
                  victor abamiri
                  Jerome mcdougle

Comment

Working...
                  X