Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys be down with tiered ticket prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you guys be down with tiered ticket prices?

So far, the Lions, Steelers, Patriots and Bills have announced tiered pricing for the 2014 season. As far as I know, it extends to season ticket holders as well.

Obviously the preseason will finally be a lower cost than real games. But even the real games will have some more costly than others.

Maybe Lurie has no such incentive because the games sell out no matter what. A good case for fans to stay the fuck away from the stadium when the team sucks.

Tiered pricing has already appeared in other sports. Time for the NFL to get on board. Except Lurie because he doesn't have to.
    Last edited by The Ref; 04-29-2014, 11:40 PM.

What was it PT Barnum said ?

The owners shuffle the deck, but they still get their cash and beer sales. Less for preseason and more for the marquee games. Will season ticket holders see an actual reduction ?

The other reason they went to variable $$ is that they really want to keep squeezing the secondary market.
    The NFL is only too happy to keep more of the cash and add handling fees ( Official NFL Ticket Exchange) and leave less for the scalpers

Comment

In the end, season tickets are going to cost the same total amount no matter how much pre-season costs. It's a dumb idea!

Comment

I think Lurie still has incentive. The current ticket price becomes the minimum price. Higher demand games are tiered to higher prices.

Comment

In Buffalo, it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            In Buffalo, it does not.
            au contraire

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buff...tails-for-2014

Comment

It does not extend to season ticket holders in Buffalo. In Buffalo season tickets are already sold at a discount relative to buying the same seat ten different games.

Comment

I believe a lot of markets use the variable pricing to encourage season ticket sales, using a full season as a way of just paying the same price for all games. All "10" games cost me less than the 4-game packs available.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

In markets where season tickets are available, that's the way to sell them.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I agree. I'll probably go the Chefs game here -- which is a "bronze game", the lowest pricing tier -- but I'm not springing for season tickets.

Comment

I do, so long as the TOTAL cost of the full season doesn't increase. This is coming from a guy who sells five of the eight regular season games (because I live 250 miles away) at 'fair market value' - I generally price my games according to tiers. Rather than think of my own profit margin and gain / loss, I'm stuck on the fact that it just makes more sense to pay more for the Dallas & Giants games than it does for the Jags & Titans games.

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      So far, the Lions, Steelers, Patriots and Bills have announced tiered pricing for the 2014 season. As far as I know, it extends to season ticket holders as well.

Obviously the preseason will finally be a lower cost than real games. But even the real games will have some more costly than others.

Maybe Lurie has no such incentive because the games sell out no matter what. A good case for fans to stay the fuck away from the stadium when the team sucks.

Tiered pricing has already appeared in other sports. Time for the NFL to get on board. Except Lurie because he doesn't have to.
                      Woooo!

Comment

Working...
                      X