No announcement yet.

THE GREAT Riccardo's first round draft pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calvin Pryor if they trade up. We need that hard hitting safety there. wr 2nd round the wr depth is good this year
    Last edited by dusty41188; 05-07-2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

geigh.... but I would be stoked if this happen... But dont see it happening... considering THEY dont have a lot of picks anyways
      Last edited by phillyeagles36; 05-07-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Since when did drug problems

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        He flunked a drug test at the combine. He might not go first round.
        Scare away the Cowbitches ?
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Here's an interesting read from the Milwaukee Journal writer Bob McGinn
          He's been at it for decades and has developed a lot of contacts over the years, not unlike Gossling down in Dallas. He interviews a bunch of scouts and personnel guys and here's their take on the 2014 Safety class

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...258218081.html

"Twenty-four safeties have been drafted in the first round since 1998. Clinton-Dix ran a faster 40 than just two of them, Kenny Vaccaro (4.61) from last year and Donovin Darius (4.60) from 1998, while Pryor is slower than all 24."

"If you need it (safety) and he starts for you, great," an NFC personnel man said. "But I would not take either of those guys in the first round. I hope they go in the first. I think you'd be overdrafting them."

Of course it doesn't matter where you draft them, all that matters is can they play safety in the pass-happy NFL ?

And while these two are clearly the best of the 2014 class, how they measure up to other classes is interesting to look at

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
            He's been at it for decades and has developed a lot of contacts over the years, not unlike Gossling down in Dallas. He interviews a bunch of scouts and personnel guys and here's their take on the 2014 Safety class

"Twenty-four safeties have been drafted in the first round since 1998. Clinton-Dix ran a faster 40 than just two of them, Kenny Vaccaro (4.61) from last year and Donovin Darius (4.60) from 1998, while Pryor is slower than all 24."

"If you need it (safety) and he starts for you, great," an NFC personnel man said. "But I would not take either of those guys in the first round. I hope they go in the first. I think you'd be overdrafting them."

Of course it doesn't matter where you draft them, all that matters is can they play safety in the pass-happy NFL ?

And while these two are clearly the best of the 2014 class, how they measure up to other classes is interesting to look at

i'm not a fan of either dix or pryor. wideout or corner for first round...hopefully. shit, i would be happy with o-line as herramans wasn't all that good last year.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I suscribe to the theory

That if it's REALLY your guy, you take them wherever you want. Don't assume that they'll be there with your next pick. I'm not sure that there's ANY pick that I'd be truly disappointed with, short of a kicker.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                Here it is girls:

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Igs move up a few spots to snag him

book it

“Come get me, please”

Geoff Mosher caught up with a few draft prospects in New York who have been linked to the Eagles.

Sounds like Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has a soft spot for Philly.

Geoff Mosher ✔ @GeoffMosherCSN
                Ha-Ha says he wants badly to be an Eagle. "Come get me, please."
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Yes!

My mega-ITYS is in the bag
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Oh, snap.

Zach Berman @ZBerm
                    Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is close with Eagles exec Ed Marynowitz, who was one of main reasons C-D went to 'Bama. Told Marynowitz, "come get me!"

Zach Berman @ZBerm
                    Clinton-Dix very aware of Eagles organization, history of safety since Brian Dawkins. Close with Damion Square. Would like to be an Eagle
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

His football IQ is through the roof. He doesn't make a lot of big plays but he never makes mistakes and he is always in position.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I don't love either of those guys.

I would take any offensive player the Eagles have more highly rated than them if that's what it comes down to and would not give up another pick to move up for them.

But, then, I don't know dick.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He was a lower first rounder more than likely to begin with. This probably pushes him well into 2nd rd.

Comment

MARQISE LEE

When you consider what the Eagles did in the offseason, I find it hard to believe they will go D Back in the 1st this year. Draftees seem competent at those positions but none scream out stud! At least no better than the players already on the team.

WR is too good this year for them not to take a flyer on one of them. Maybe even two. This might even be another 1990 when they took in consecutive rounds, Mike Bellamy, Fred Barnett, and Calvin Williams.

The idea of going into the season with Maclin and Cooper as the only WR's with any real game day experience is too scary to contemplate. Overall, the Eagles WR corp and depth is simply too weak to be ignored. They will address it early and often.

Comment

I will be stunned if marqise lee has a better career than any of the top five defensive backs in this draft.
                              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

The secondary

Originally posted by The Ref View Post

The idea of going into the season with Maclin and Cooper as the only WR's with any real game day experience is too scary to contemplate. Overall, the Eagles WR corp and depth is simply too weak to be ignored. They will address it early and often.
                                Is too weak to be ignored. Obviously if Lee or Beckham or whoever is their guy then by all means take him, but you can't take a WR with a Pryor/Dix/Fuller still on the board.

Any WR that they can get with their 2nd pick will not be that far off from Marqise Lee in talent and potential immediate impact. There is, however, a significant drop off at DB.

Comment

Working...
                                X