Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When these guys set up their draft board, do they set a value threshold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When these guys set up their draft board, do they set a value threshold?

If I were doing it, that's what I would do. Put an extra column in the spreadsheet saying this player is undraftable before pick X. Then if you get in a sticky situation you could see which players you thought were worthy of selection at that pick number.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

this reminds me of the Seahawks taking Bruce Irvin at 15. If he's really their highest rated player than you take him. High-upside pass rushers usually go earlier than projected. We'll see, I guess.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      this reminds me of the Seahawks taking Bruce Irvin at 15. If he's really their highest rated player than you take him. High-upside pass rushers usually go earlier than projected. We'll see, I guess.
      I guess my question comes down to whether Smith was their highest rated player overall or highest rated LB.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He had to be the highest rated LB/DE. I just can't fathom he was the highest rated player on their board at that time. Only one 'expert' had Smith going in the 1st round, Daniel Jeremiah, and that was to NO @ 27 and in his analysis even he said it was probably too early for Smith. If Birds took Dennard @ 22 and then Smith at 54 I don't think anybody could bitch, other than the need for another WR.

Comment

Working...
        X