WIP just had a sound bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP just had a sound bite

Didn't catch who said it, but someone in the FO said they had Smith as the best player available.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I'mnot sure if it was a Chip Kelly soundbyte, but:

Kelly, though, said that he was the top-rated player on their board.

Comment

If that was the case, they needed to trade down again.

Who am I kidding? If that was the case, they needed stuff Howie in a locker and replace him with one of those mock draft internet sites.

Comment

They couldn't find a taker to move down again

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        If that was the case, they needed to trade down again.

Who am I kidding? If that was the case, they needed stuff Howie in a locker and replace him with one of those mock draft internet sites.
        They used the whole clock, obviously no one was biting so they had to reach for the best pass rusher left on their board.

Comment

Kelly already said when the Chiefs took Ford he was afraid they'd lose out on Smith if they traded back again, because he was afraid there would be a run on DE/OLB.

Comment

good thing the Eagles avoided that run on DE/ OLBs at picks 27-32!

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
              They used the whole clock, obviously no one was biting so they had to reach for the best pass rusher left on their board.
              Do you really think these teams don't talk prior to the clock? What am I missing? It's not really hard to have a conversation ahead of time. They should have a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D....instead they had a Plan BJC.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                Kelly already said when the Chiefs took Ford he was afraid they'd lose out on Smith if they traded back again, because he was afraid there would be a run on DE/OLB.
                Afraid is certainly the right word. They blew it. You know in the back of your mind it was a reach.
                Last edited by Snakebitten; 05-09-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

HowLo opens up...

From Rube:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...k-marcus-smith

Comment

apparently Dix wasn't expecting to be drafted by the packers and wasn't real happy about it either.

http://fanpass.nfl.com/story/211/bring-on-the-cheese
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      good thing the Eagles avoided that run on DE/ OLBs at picks 27-32!
                      True, but I've been hearing about Arizona's need for a 3-4 OLB all off-season. If we hadn't taken him, it's possible the Cardinals would have reached in the same way we did.

I don't think it's good value, but I don't hate the pick like most.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        apparently Dix wasn't expecting to be drafted by the packers and wasn't real happy about it either.

http://fanpass.nfl.com/story/211/bring-on-the-cheese
                        I didn't need to read anything but body language to know that. Did you see the guy's face? That was the most disappointed newly-made millionaire I've ever seen.

Comment

Another fucking defensive draft project pine riding rookie.

Did you hear that Ed? BEARS.

Comment

Said it before, I say it again ... it felt like I was watching the FF manage the clock at the end of a close game.

Juice Box lets another team pass him to get a can't miss homerun hitter because a fucking third is "significantly more" than he was willing to spend?

Then can't believe his ears when GB doesn't follow his script.

So his extra third is why we should give him a pass on moving down to take "another fucking defensive draft project pine riding rookie?"

Fucking Romper Room
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If they drafted based on sacks vs Rutgers - like Howie says - they're morons.

It's ridiculous to be afraid of missing out on Marcus Smith. Any other two picks would have as good a chance of working out. Probably better.

Keep trading down until you can get value.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X