Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If They Wanted A Linebacker, Why Didn't They Draft One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If They Wanted A Linebacker, Why Didn't They Draft One?

I didn't see a lot video of Smith but the package they had after the pick showed him as a down D-end -- has he ever played standup? Has he ever had pass coverage responsibilities? Obviously he might have to do that from time to time.

There were actual linebackers on the board -- I can't understand why Kelly didn't pick one of them if he felt he needed a linebacker. Instead he goes with go a conversion project and we know all too well they're not always successful -- but I'll withhold judgement.

If I had to give it a grade right now I couldn't go higher than B minus at best based on the transition.
    Last edited by Kelly Green; 05-09-2014, 11:27 AM.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

you're an idiot.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

KG, I still never got your opinion on the KFC Double Down. Have you tried it yet!?

Comment

you know - this draft analysis still isn't much better than what Kiper gives you. I couldn't give this analysis more than a B minus based on it's lack of knowledge alone

Comment

For Being Cautious?

If you want to go apeshit over the pick be my guest.

Comment

So Go Ahead Einstein -- Answer The Questions

You seem to know it was a fantastic pick and the kid will be an All-Pro for 10 years -- explain yourself if you can.

Comment

He played standup linebacker/3-4 linebacker as well as 3-point stance rush end.

he rushed from right, left and from the middle linebacker position and did drop into coverage.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

This is his last game as a collegiate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlqEAylNPk

And you can stop stuffing words in my mouth like you stuffing ribs into your mouth at a Hoss's Steak and Seahouse
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-09-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  This is his last game as a collegiate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlqEAylNPk">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlqEAylNPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

And you can stop stuffing words in my mouth like you stuffing ribs into your mouth at a Hoss's Steak and Seahouse
                  nice hoss's reference.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I'm crying!

Comment

There ARE No Hoss's Around Here

I haven't to a Hoss's for about 25 years, moron.

As for the video, it's appreciated. That answers some of my concerns but I'll still wait and see what he does against the big boys.
                      Last edited by Kelly Green; 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

ok, ok

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                        I haven't to a Hoss's for about 25 years, moron.
                        sick burn

Edited to add: I like the player, I just don't like the pick
                        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 05-09-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

You know nothing about sports. This has been proven many times. Stop trying to discuss sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                            I didn't see a lot video of Smith but the package they had after the pick showed him as a down D-end -- has he ever played standup? Has he ever had pass coverage responsibilities? Obviously he might have to do that from time to time.

There were actual linebackers on the board -- I can't understand why Kelly didn't pick one of them if he felt he needed a linebacker. Instead he goes with go a conversion project and we know all too well they're not always successful -- but I'll withhold judgement.

If I had to give it a grade right now I couldn't go higher than B minus at best based on the transition.
                            On how often he was asked to drop back in coverage compared to rushing the passer as an outside linebacker last year: "It was 50-50. I believe they dropped me 50-50 last year. Maybe not as much my junior year, but last year they dropped me back more. Going into the middle of the season I started rushing a lot more because they wanted me more involved getting to the quarterback. They wanted somebody to get to the quarterback. I was doing both so I would say 50 percent."

Comment

Working...
                            X