I'm watching an old Grateful Dead video from the late '80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching an old Grateful Dead video from the late '80's

Man, when Jerry Garcia was on, he was ON.

Shame he died so young (yeah I know he contributed to it so spare me the moralizing).
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

yea 52 is way young

I saw them at soldier field and the world Music center In chagaee,,,,,the good old days,,,,,,,,when the band was on it was majic!
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I saw them a bunch of times in the 80's. Once in Harrisburg but mostly in California, Cal Expo in Sacramento, I'd go to every show. Drove down to see them in Oakland a couple of times. People recorded those shows like crazy.

Comment

Excellence cannot be achieved without living on the edge

Jerry did what he had to do

Comment

I was a huge fan. Saw the real Dead 9 times. Air Garcia!

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Man, when Jerry Garcia was on, he was ON.
            The entire band was a force to be reckoned with in the late 80s. There was an urgency to their playing that rivaled their other peak periods, but with a polish that those other periods lacked - Jerry was the central force and the rest of the band fed of that energy, especially Weir.
            Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Buddy of mine

Turned me onto the Grateful Dead back in high school. I have to say that may favorite Dead is 89 Dead. Jerry's playing and his sound in those shows were just out of this world. The Dark Star>Drums>Space jams were killer. Really I'm just thankful that they were always willing to let people record their live shows. I was just coming of age at about the time Jerry died but I've seen the Dead with Jimmy Herring and Warren Haynes several times. Wish like hell I could've seen Jerry play.
              "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
                I have to say that may favorite Dead is 89 Dead. Jerry's playing and his sound in those shows were just out of this world. The Dark Star>Drums>Space jams were killer.
                Some of my favorites were the '89 shows at Alpine Valley in WI and at Shoreline in the Bay Area. Alpine Valley had a towering China Cat > I know you Rider and Jerry really uncorked a great solo that day. One of my favorite shows and tapes

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                  Some of my favorites were the '89 shows at Alpine Valley in WI and at Shoreline in the Bay Area. Alpine Valley had a towering China Cat > I know you Rider and Jerry really uncorked a great solo that day. One of my favorite shows and tapes
                  If I'm not mistaken that's the Downhill From Here DVD. Lots of good footage from the 89-90 tours- the View From The Vault series, Truckin' Up To Buffalo, Downhill... I'd also like to get my paws on the Crimson White & Indigo set, 7-7-89 at JFK Stadium.
                  Last edited by BirdsInNC; 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM.
                  "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Working...
                  X