Howie sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure they did.

I'm getting warmer and fuzzier about Matthews, but I'd have taken a chance at getting Smith later and taken Cooks for the first and Josh Huff.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Knowing we got huff in the third, I would have gladly given the third to move up and get dix. I know hindsight.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I'm ok with most of what they did, im ok with Smith being their first pick, just not at 26. Should have traded back into the second and tried to get more on return. Perhaps a team like Cleveland would have gave up a little more if djax was here to be traded. Chances are that 10m salary wouldn't be so bad knowing Gordon is gone. Cutting ties with Gordon would have been easy. I'm drifting but it's just another piece of evidence that Howie is a boob.

Comment

You're asking a lot for a team

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          How did the Saints move up? They weren't prepared. They didn't have this scenario in mind and they ended up with a reach. I'll accept not being prepared in the later rounds but not the first. No fucking way.
          to be prepared for every possible scenario. They moved up a couple other times in the draft, but it didn't take as much to do that....in the 1st you have to give up a legit amount to move up, they didn't have the picks. Sorry but they didn't, so they took the best pass rusher on their board when they couldn't find another taker to move back again. No big deal, Smith had 14.5 sacks last year i think they can find a way to use that.

Comment

That contract was toxic and so was he

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
            I'm ok with most of what they did, im ok with Smith being their first pick, just not at 26. Should have traded back into the second and tried to get more on return. Perhaps a team like Cleveland would have gave up a little more if djax was here to be traded. Chances are that 10m salary wouldn't be so bad knowing Gordon is gone. Cutting ties with Gordon would have been easy. I'm drifting but it's just another piece of evidence that Howie is a boob.
            We got more out of Bryce Brown, pathetic...nobody was taking mejax get over it.

Comment

Howie is a boob. Last years draft sucked, got a 3 or 4 for brown. Yeah, he is a boob. Have concerns with the picks, fine. To call them bad, wrong. Do some research on these players, you can find reports on smith going anywhere from 24 to 35. Picking best available to fit their scheme, what is so hard to understand. You, nor myself know enough to say what their scheme is. But I am pretty happy what this organization has done since banner and big red have gone.

Comment

Are you giving Howie credit for Bryce Brown? Did Andy lose drafting power in '12? I don't believe I said I didn't like the picks just his ultimate boobery and smith was a late second third round grade player in almost every mock I looked at. You can sit there and be happy about where the are going but the truth is they are still going with the "we are smarter than everyone else"
                M.O.. The front office has been preaching BPA. Are you saying Marcus Smith was the BPA at 26?

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                  This guy is still throwing darts.
                  Everybody is throwing darts no matter what the screaming talking heads on TV say about prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                    to be prepared for every possible scenario.
                    No but they have a responsibility to familiarize themselves with the depth chart of the team selecting immediately in front of them. Any half-wit could have figured that green any would be inclined to take dix. So yes, having the last of you top targets getting drafted right before you pick was a highly likely scenario that they should have been better prepared for.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

How do you know Dix was on their board?

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                      No but they have a responsibility to familiarize themselves with the depth chart of the team selecting immediately in front of them. Any half-wit could have figured that green any would be inclined to take dix. So yes, having the last of you top targets getting drafted right before you pick was a highly likely scenario that they should have been better prepared for.
                      Maybe he didn't fit the style.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                        Maybe he didn't fit the style.
                        Cooks I liked and dix...meh...but wouldnt have traded up for either.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

The more i think about it now

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                          Cooks I liked and dix...meh...but wouldnt have traded up for either.
                          Cooks didn't fit their style either, too short. I really don't even think they wanted to move up.

Comment

Working...
                          X