Sleeping on it and the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping on it and the draft

After what appears to be an underwhelming 2014 NFL draft by the Eagles. The Majority seem to think it consisted of reaches, replacements and busts that do little to improve the Eagles in 2014 and beyond.

The way the draft played out the Eagles had little to move up in the draft nor were they going to mortgage the future for one of the "6" the had rated in the first round.

The Eagles somehow won the division last season, I do not know if they will do it again but the offense is loaded with skill players and scoring is not going to be an issue.

They addressed needs on the defense, OLB, CB, S, DL how well it pans out we will not know till September.

I am not going to pretend to know any of the players drafted because it would just be what I read off the internet. The draft added big, fast bodies to the roster.

I echo these setaments

Comment

Kiper gave us a B+.

After last season we should be kissing the ground Chipper walks on. I think he is building a dynasty here like Belichick in NE. At the very least he has a brand new vision for the team which was badly needed after a decade and a half of FF.

Comment

And a bunch of places have the Eagles c,c-. This whole chip can do no wrong notion is retarded. Didn't chip plan on having Vick as his starting qb? So chip was wrong, and got lucky Vick got hurt when the season was still salvageable? I like what he is doing but he doesn't walk on water.

Comment

See the thing is we will not know what we have

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
          Kiper gave us a B+.

After last season we should be kissing the ground Chipper walks on. I think he is building a dynasty here like Belichick in NE. At the very least he has a brand new vision for the team which was badly needed after a decade and a half of FF.
          Matthews is going to be on the field a bunch in multiple sets both inside and out. Marcus Smith is a OLB that can rush the QB and has the speed to cover RB's and TE's. Watkins is at worst a Dime DB this year and competition to the starting CB's.

I think it will play out that we will be surprised by some of the defensive players we drafted. The competition on defense is going to make the starters better.

Comment

Smith is a situational player who Howlo himself stated is a project.

Doesn't mean he won't be what you say, but you don't know if he can handle pro offensive lines.

I saw someone breaking down film on him showing that they had him moving all over the LOS and getting his sacks when unblocked.

Assuming that's his only way to get pressure, is he going to get that in the Eagles' scheme against pro OL's?

Regardless, Chipper is Belicheat so there's that going for us.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You don't draft a project in the first round. If they lose out on him in the second round, so be it. Go to Plan B.

Comment

Working...
              X