Changing my tune to DQ's issues as gender-neutered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing my tune to DQ's issues as gender-neutered

Stick to your guns, dont back off after two days of Howiespeak, Pravda spin and Spuds fluff.

No conviction around ehre anymore.

By my draft standard, a first round pick should be a solid starter. Seriously...who ever heard of this guy? And after weeks of saying they would take the best available guy they clearly drafted for need, pretty much throughout.

Look, I think the Eagles are headed in the right direction. I just think fluffing this draft is absurd.

That is all.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

If they actually went in thinking they were going to see if one of their 6 "guys" were there at 22 and planned in advance to move down and take Smith if those guys didn't fall, then at least they aren't the Keystone Kops that they looked like.

Regardless, Kelly is right that if these guys turn out to be players nobody will give a fuck where they were drafted.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

absolutely

no doubt. Also....there is nothing I would love to cheer for more than a stud outside pass rusher who can actually get to the quarterback. Would love to see this turn out well.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Surely your tune is on this list

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/gay100/
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I still think they should have stayed at 22 and taken Dennard

and I hope it doesn't take Smith forever and a day to be inserted into the starting lineup.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

if you see howie at a poker table sit down cause you can make a killing, he gambled one of the six would be there at 22 and lost. He moved down four spots and gambled ford or dennard would be there and he lost then had to scramble to get smith, not good at gambling is he?
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I think there's a perception that the first 32 picks are somehow a magic number that will produce immediate starters. That might be more likely for the top 10 or so, but these are still kids who haven't been tested against a much more condensed level of talent than they saw in college.

Great success in college makes you a high draft pick, but doesn't necessarily make you better than someone who gets drafted a round later. Factoring in the competition from other teams having to fill needs, sometimes it might be more strategic to take a player that is rated lower first. I think good player/good fit makes for a lot more success in the pros. If talent ranking was completely objective, there would be a lot fewer draft surprises.

It's not a fluff, it's more resignation that drafting is completely subjective and no one ever really knows all the considerations. Maybe one day, someone will give a true breakdown of their drafting history, but there are too many variables to try to rationalize why it doesn't go the way you expected.
              WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
              - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
              - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

It IS a magic number

Please be real. how many players get drafted? How many are eligible to be drafted? How many players are on a roster? Not unreasonable to expect these teams, with all their scouting, technology and other research to nab a guy who can crack the top 22 of their roster.
                May 7, 2010

Comment

BWAH! all I know is

this thread will get five different topics going and DQ will have to look at the header for days. Taft's really all that matters.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Bump.

(The DQ brand is strong)

Comment

no it isn't

NOTHING about DQ or the brand is strong
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Just make sure you spell the "D and the "Q" right!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

I wouldn't trust Howie

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                          if you see howie at a poker table sit down cause you can make a killing, he gambled one of the six would be there at 22 and lost. He moved down four spots and gambled ford or dennard would be there and he lost then had to scramble to get smith, not good at gambling is he?
                          To be my partner in spades.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The only person with testicles in his family is

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            Stick to your guns, dont back off after two days of Howiespeak, Pravda spin and Spuds fluff.

No conviction around ehre anymore.

By my draft standard, a first round pick should be a solid starter. Seriously...who ever heard of this guy? And after weeks of saying they would take the best available guy they clearly drafted for need, pretty much throughout.

Look, I think the Eagles are headed in the right direction. I just think fluffing this draft is absurd.

That is all.

his mom. Not only between her legs, I'm talking mouth and anus too.
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'll bitch smack both of your asses around this elevator.

Comment

Working...
                              X