Trout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout!

Pretty cool to see 5,000 people from his hometown in attendance and the second-largest crowd of the year giving the kid a standing O.

Not so cool to see these bums blow it giving up three unearned runs.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Why is this not about fishing?

Booo
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I thought it would be about Kurt Vonnegut.
      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

It was great Trout is from my town. His dad was my HS coach and history teacher I remember Trout when he was a little kid. There was over 8000 people from Millville, NJ to come see him. Lots of Angels shirts with phillys hats last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Abarlam View Post
          It was great Trout is from my town. His dad was my HS coach and history teacher I remember Trout when he was a little kid. There was over 8000 people from Millville, NJ to come see him. Lots of Angels shirts with phillys hats last night.
          It was kind of sad when he signed that extension with the Angels a few months ago. He would have otherwise hit free agency right when the Phillies had shed all/nearly all of their big payroll obligations and would be more than ready to back up the Brinks truck for a hometown star, who happens to be the best player in the game, to be the face of the team for the next 10-plus years. Ah well, good for him getting paid.

Comment

I wish he played closer to here

and in the NL. Dont get that many chances to see him play.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              and in the NL. Dont get that many chances to see him play.
              The upshot of him playing in the AL, and the west coast, means he's going to keep his sterling reputation around Philadelphia. He'll only come around every few years, and he's going to be treated like a king when he does. I know it's pretty ridiculous to speculate about hypotheticals that are six years away, but at least he and Philly should still be on good terms when he finally hits free agency.

Comment

I doubt they'll see crowds again like they have the last 2 days, except for the fireworks games. What an abomination they are right now.

Comment

Would love to have a player like that... those days are over though.

I'm a fan of Josh Reddick now too:

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    I doubt they'll see crowds again like they have the last 2 days, except for the fireworks games. What an abomination they are right now.
                    They could be a LOT worse. Believe me.

But attendance is going to suffer.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yup, just wait until guys like Utley, Rollins and Ruiz start getting hurt. They're pretty much fully healthy right now and in last place.

Comment

Working...
                      X