Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domo - Review of Igg Draft from another team's personnel guy

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...es__draft.html

Interesting stuff - seems to love the Huff pick.

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
    seems to love the Huff pick.
    He said Huff was a diva, high-maintenance and clownish. That's a Kelly guy?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

He didn't say he was vocal or that he would scream at his coaches during a PROFESSIONAL football game.

Also Chip recruited him I'm sure he knows his character

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        We won't hear those words written about Huff again…until it's time for a new contract and the team tries to drive his price down through the media.

Comment

He also said, "He's one of those guys who will make a 20-yard catch, then lay on the turf. He's not a mouthy diva. He's not going to do a lot of trash-talking. He's more of a see-what-I-just-did guy, which, sadly, is not unlike 90 percent of the receivers in the league. But I loved him."

You're totally right. Either he's a boyscout or he's just as bad a DJax. Fuck nuance.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            He also said, "He's one of those guys who will make a 20-yard catch, then lay on the turf. He's not a mouthy diva. He's not going to do a lot of trash-talking. He's more of a see-what-I-just-did guy, which, sadly, is not unlike 90 percent of the receivers in the league. But I loved him."

You're totally right. Either he's a boyscout or he's just as bad a DJax. Fuck nuance.
            And when he puts 1300 yards up and is named all-pro, he's just as good as DJax. Nuance that.

Comment

Some of the evals are odd though........

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
              http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...es__draft.html

Interesting stuff - seems to love the Huff pick.
              I don't get that Matthews is fast and quick off jams, but can't separate? That's got to be technique and coaching. (I also don't buy it after watching his games.)

Also on Smith he evaluates him as if he's a 4-3 DE. That's not what he'll do? He's a better, more athletic Connor Barwin not a younger Trent Cole (Trent in my view is still a 4-3 DE). Smith with replace Trent at OLB at some point, but after he puts on 15LBS of muscle and gets stronger.

Comment

One of the comments said that Huff may have personally laid off on the combine/interviews because he knew Chip would take him.

On the surface I thought yeah right, But after thinking about it, and reading more about his early life problems and Kelly saying he was like his son, now I have to wonder.

Comment

And when he puts 1300 yards up and is named all-pro, he's just as good as DJax. Nuance that.
                  Yeah, that doesn't make sense and isn't really relevant to the conversation. I know you're pissed that you had to eat your words about Chip and the DJax release has been like your Benghazi, but give it a break.

You would've been hard pressed to find a poster on here that wanted to keep DJax back when he punked out in 2011, but now it's something to bitch about, so why not, right?
                  Last edited by Melchior; 05-14-2014, 02:51 PM.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Nice highlight video. I don't know if he's a diva or not. After reading his story I doubt he is. If Kelly didn't like him or want him they wouldn't have drafted him.

Comment

KG will love this blurb about Hart

"When he stands up, they get to his chest."
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                        Yeah, that doesn't make sense and isn't really relevant to the conversation. I know you're pissed that you had to eat your words about Chip and the DJax release has been like your Benghazi, but give it a break.

You would've been hard pressed to find a poster on here that wanted to keep DJax back when he punked out in 2011, but now it's something to bitch about, so why not, right?
                        Most everyone with sense wanted to resign DJax. But you'd be hard pressed to find a poster who wanted to keep Riley Cooper after 2012. So what? The chump is still around.

You brought up Jackson. We'll see whose fiasco it turns out to be.

Comment

bwahahahaha

woooo!!!
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TOB_2 View Post
                            I don't get that Matthews is fast and quick off jams, but can't separate? That's got to be technique and coaching. (I also don't buy it after watching his games.)

Also on Smith he evaluates him as if he's a 4-3 DE. That's not what he'll do? He's a better, more athletic Connor Barwin not a younger Trent Cole (Trent in my view is still a 4-3 DE). Smith with replace Trent at OLB at some point, but after he puts on 15LBS of muscle and gets stronger.
                            This scouting report has Matthews ability to separate from defenders as a strength. This is also a knock on Riley Cooper and he seems to be doing just fine.

"Matthews may draw comparisons to the man whose SEC and Vanderbilt records he broke - Earl Bennett. However, Matthews is bigger and stronger than Bennett was and should have no problem producing across the field in the NFL. He has a special ability to create separation from his defenders and force open a window of opportunity for quarterbacks to take advantage of. That skill alone should earn him significant playing time on Sundays this fall."

http://www.anchorofgold.com/2014/5/7...of-the-offense

Comment

Nailed it!

Comment

Working...
                              X