Evaluating not trading up a spot for Cooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluating not trading up a spot for Cooks

New Orleans swapped 1st round picks and gave up a 3rd round. To beat that offer, lets assume the Eagles needed to make the same deal with Arizona to move up one spot.

Its either...

Eagles trade up: Cooks

or

Eagles trade down: Marcus Smith, Josh Huff (3rd round cost to move up), Jaylen Watkins and Taylor Hart.

Its something to keep taps on for the future.

Side note: The Eagles made a better deal with Cleveland, than Arizona did with New Orleans.
    Eagles (22nd) for: (26th), (83rd)
    Cards (21st) for: (27th), (91st)
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-18-2014, 12:37 PM.

Where'd you cut and paste that bull from?

nm
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

This is how your thought process works on your weekends? Unless you did this tripping on Acid, you are completely lame.

Comment

No.

Comment

A lot of people wanted Cooks and many, including N.O., thought the Eagles would take him.

Comment

Yes.

You will.

Comment

I think Matthews has a bigger upside in this offense than Cooks. I'm glad they didn't try to replace DJax with another wideout they compared to DJax.

Comment

Edit to add: Arizona had the 19th pick and Eagles had the 21st pick.

Comment

I'm just fine with the players they got. With the depth of this draft, I only wanted them to trade up if either Anthony Barr or Mike Evans started to slide.

Of course, if Marcus Smith sucks, then all bets are off.

Comment

I didn't want that midget.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      I'm glad they didn't try to replace DJax with another wideout they compared to DJax.
                      They wanted to it but it didn't work out. You don't like 1300 yard receivers?
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Spilt Milk

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        I didn't want that midget.
                        won't stop the bitching in the years to come...
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          They wanted to it but it didn't work out. You don't like 1300 yard receivers?
                          Because a player being compared to a 1300 yard receiver automatically makes him a 1300 yard WR. How many guys DeSean's size and style of play have ever really been a top flight WR before him?

Maybe Cooks turns out to be legit, but just being built like and playing a similar style of game as DeSean doesn't make him a 1300 yard WR.

Comment

Cooks was on the short list. If Chip was smart enough to get rid of Jackson, he must be smart enough to judge talent.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                            X