Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Control Car

This shit is hilarious.

"Kelly's latest cutting-edge wrinkles? Video podcasts and remote control coaching. Sixth-round safety Ed Reynolds, unable to attend team meetings until Stanford's graduation ceremony in June, told reporters the Eagles have recorded all rookie sessions and uploaded them to his iPod for full briefing. While that practice is hardly revolutionary, Kelly has also found a peculiar way to skirt league rules during "Phase One" of offseason workouts. Seventh-round pick Beau Allen revealed late last week that Kelly introduced himself by running a remote control car into the behemoth nose tackle. "I was sitting and waiting to go in and meet with [general manager Howie Roseman] and all the front office guys," Allen said, via Philadelphia Magazine, "and Coach Kelly was driving around a little remote control car & they use it out on the field because they can't do motions & and he drove it right into me and was like, 'Oh, hey Beau, how are you doing?' And I was like, 'Hey, Coach.'" Can't do motions? As it turns out, there's a method to Kelly's remote-control madness. Until "Phase Two" of the offseason program, on-field work can be done only in front of full-time strength and conditioning coaches."
    Last edited by Melchior; 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

It is funny, but also an interesting look at just another way that Chip thinks outside the box, and finds ways to do things others aren't.

Cue the "High School Harry" crowd to tell us how horrible this is.

Comment

He really does look to get every possible advantage in every possible area.

If the Eagles have success this season, it will be interesting to see how hard the rest of the league goes after his assistants, hoping to glean a few tricks. Even if they don't eventually hire them, an interview with one of his coaches could reveal a lot of the innovations Chip has made.

Comment

maybe he'll get a 3-D printer too.

Comment

The players worked hard for certain terms and conditions of the work year. Let's celebrate our coach circumventing rules the players fought for. Ever consider there's a reason that only strength and conditioning coaches are allowed on the field at this time of year?
          Last edited by The Ref; 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

"The players worked hard..", "... the players fought for." Geezus God, you make players sound like war veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
              The players worked hard for certain terms and conditions of the work year. Let's celebrate our coach circumventing rules the players fought for. Ever consider there's a reason that only strength and conditioning coaches are allowed on the field at this time of year?
              I don't know. What does your Hall Monitor's Handbook say?
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                Cue the "High School Harry" crowd to tell us how horrible this is.
                ….

Thanks for being so predictable you mope.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

The UNION fought for these rules. Based on my personal experience with unions, while they are invaluable, the negotiation process often results in some agreements that don't truly serve the interests of some of the people they are representing.

Do you honestly think there's a single player that feels Chip Kelly's remote control car violates their rights? What do you think Ed Reynolds sees as more of an intrusion? The union-agreed-upon rules that prevent him from joining his team, or the coach who is providing him with a way to avoid being left behind as he starts his career?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                    The UNION fought for these rules.
                    Exactly.

And DeMaurice got his ass kicked in the negotiations over $$, so he had to try and manufacture a win elsewhere. Its a crappy CBA that hurts the development of young players and all because they picked a stuffed- shirt bleating out rhetoric to represent them.

I understand wanting some time away, but these rules are asinine and I doubt the players who are serious about their craft are in favor of them. But the Union needed a win so the owners acquiesced on a bunch of shit they didn't even care about . Dum

Comment

Hahaha

Poor downtrodden pro football players... hilarious!
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yea, I can see a guy Desean Jaccson sitting behind a desk losing sleep over the CBA. I wonder if he can even spell CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                          Exactly.

And DeMaurice got his ass kicked in the negotiations over $$, so he had to try and manufacture a win elsewhere. Its a crappy CBA that hurts the development of young players and all because they picked a stuffed- shirt bleating out rhetoric to represent them.

I understand wanting some time away, but these rules are asinine and I doubt the players who are serious about their craft are in favor of them. But the Union needed a win so the owners acquiesced on a bunch of shit they didn't even care about . Dum
                          Demaurice Smith is exponentially more intelligent than your pathetic ass. He was voted in unanimously by the player reps. 100 percent. He represents their interests. So hell yes, the players care about these rules.

Safety, which is what most of these rules are about, can help players extend what is already very brief careers. The Eagles have a coach who is basically saying Fuck You to the arrangement.

And these are rookies, not veterans. They don't know better yet. They will with a few more years of wear on their bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                            Poor downtrodden pro football players... hilarious!
                            The resident idiot weighs in again.

Nothing downtrodden about it. Pure capitalism only. The players negotiated these rules in order to extend careers, which could translate into several million dollars if they manage to get a couple more years of playing time before hanging them up.

A 23 year old kid doesn't know any better yet. A 32 year old veteran does, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                              This shit is hilarious.
                              Here's how it went

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRY4-feFZZY
                              DB

Comment

Working...
                              X