Embiid May Use Physical To Help Pick His Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid May Use Physical To Help Pick His Team

Word has it he is telling some teams he will not take a physical for them and others he will. Sixers being one team he will. It's possible he may tell Cleveland and Milwaukee no. If that's the case, he may not be picked by them before the Sixers and if he checks out he should be their pick. Wonder if Hinkie is behind this knowing he is the guy? Never know...

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    Word has it he is telling some teams he will not take a physical for them and others he will. Sixers being one team he will. It's possible he may tell Cleveland and Milwaukee no. If that's the case, he may not be picked by them before the Sixers and if he checks out he should be their pick. Wonder if Hinkie is behind this knowing he is the guy? Never know...

...makes no sense...

source?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      ...makes no sense...

source?
      i actually read something like that...except that he will only workout for certain teams...sixers being one of them.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        i actually read something like that...except that he will only workout for certain teams...sixers being one of them.
        If you have to ask who the mark is then you've already answered the question: you are the mark.

And why not? The Sixers have a long history of investing a wealth of resources in permanently damaged centers. Philadelphia is the promised land for a guy like Joel Embid.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I heard it from Tony Bruno on the radio. He was getting his info from other sources.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          ...makes no sense...

source?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            If you have to ask who the mark is then you've already answered the question: you are the mark.

And why not? The Sixers have a long history of investing a wealth of resources in permanently damaged centers. Philadelphia is the promised land for a guy like Joel Embid.
            understood.

unless proven otherwise

sixers draft wiggins he turns into stackhouse
            they draft embiid he's a tall bust
            parker and he becomes sharone wright
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              understood.

unless proven otherwise

sixers draft wiggins he turns into stackhouse
              they draft embiid he's a tall bust
              parker and he becomes sharone wright
              I was inferring that the Sixers have a long and distinguished history of investing in permanently damaged Centers and Joel Embid would fit the mold so succinctly that his agent would be a fool not to try to whet the Sixers appetite in his client.

You ran with this to an extent that didn't really make much sense. Jabari Parker as Sharone Wright? C'mon, you can do better.

Comment

Why not sharone wright?

I did read it wrong. I am under the assumption that whatever player they pick he will be a bust.
                Last edited by nerd; 05-21-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I can't say that embid or any prospect will be a bust. I'm just saying that embid fits the mold of the type of player the sixers have traditionally missed on in their history. So its smart of his agent to build up interest in him because the sixers are prone to ignore the injury history and take those types of players. He'll they did the same thing last year with Noel.

Comment

In my opinion, Jabari Parker's floor is Big Dog Robinson. Similar build, similar athleticism (Parker is more athletic but neither is otherworldly), similar skill set.

Look at it objectively, because when Big Dog was here he was a bum, Big Dog had a pretty solid career.

I think Parker ends up better than him, but a floor of Big Dog and a ceiling of Melo ain't too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      In my opinion, Jabari Parker's floor is Big Dog Robinson. Similar build, similar athleticism (Parker is more athletic but neither is otherworldly), similar skill set.

Look at it objectively, because when Big Dog was here he was a bum, Big Dog had a pretty solid career.

I think Parker ends up better than him, but a floor of Big Dog and a ceiling of Melo ain't too shabby.
                      He isnt gonna be melo... Not many are... I think he is like Paul Pierce but not nearly as good defensively
                      Last edited by phillyeagles36; 05-21-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I'd take Paul Pierce over Melo every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If Jabari becomes Paul Pierce instead of Melo, then Jabari has become the better of the two options.

Comment

If you're not willing to take a physical

for every potential suitor, then as a GM, I'd have to question whether your back is in good enough condition for me to take you with the number one pick.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                          X