Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a 35 minute layover at ATL a terrible idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a 35 minute layover at ATL a terrible idea?

I've had the worst luck catching connections there, but it seems like every airline gives you 35 minutes or else you wait four hours for the next flight. Maybe I've had bad luck, though.

cutting it too close

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
    I've had the worst luck catching connections there, but it seems like every airline gives you 35 minutes or else you wait four hours for the next flight. Maybe I've had bad luck, though.
    I like 1 hr for a margin of error
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Run from that place. Horrible. I avoid it at all costs.
      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The key is which terminal

I assume you are flying Delta. If you flight lands and the connection both are in terminals T, A or B you have a shot. If you land and leave from the same one it is much easier. If you either land or take off from E and have to connect from T, A or B you have no shot.

Comment

Agreed. There, any layover under an hour is cutting it way too close. In 2007, I was flying from London to Knoxville, TN and my layover was in Atlanta and I thought I had a good 2 hour window. We were delayed here in London by weather for only 35 minutes, but we had to circle the airport at Atlanta. When I finally got through passport control and customs, I literally ran up the escalator carrying my shoes, and when I got to the gate, the plane had just pulled away. Luckily, I only had to wait 90 minutes on another flight to Knoxville, so it wasn't that bad.

Comment

They have nice tittybars in Atlanta.

They need to put one in the airport.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I remember going thru Atlanta,

Many years ago before the trains, and conveyer walk ways, I physically had to run through the airport to make connections.
              "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Thx all. Flight is still months away so timing is probably going to be changed between now and then anyway.

Comment

Depends On Where You Have To Go To Make Connections

On our honeymoon my wife and I had a layover in Atlanta to change planes for Miami and the cruise we were taking. We had 20 minutes and had to go halfway across the airport to catch the flight -- that's a haul and a half but we made it with, like, 3 minutes to spare.

So 35 minutes? Sounds like forever to me -- good luck!!
                  "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                    On our honeymoon my wife and I had a layover in Atlanta to change planes for Miami and the cruise we were taking. We had 20 minutes and had to go halfway across the airport to catch the flight -- that's a haul and a half but we made it with, like, 3 minutes to spare.

So 35 minutes? Sounds like forever to me -- good luck!!
                    Yeah but you had titty milk fuel. What does he have!?!?

Comment

Working...
                    X