If you'd like a good chuckle at the Cowgirl's expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you'd like a good chuckle at the Cowgirl's expense

Fire away. I'm just picturing Romo in ballet slippers and a tu-tu.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...elp-get-loose/
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

It's a shame Sean lee is already injured. Otherwise he could have been the league's first ballet-related injury.

I wonder what The Ref's opinion on this is. Since Chip's cars are going to end someone's career, some of the Cowboys are going to be screwed, with the damage that is done to the feet of ballerinas.

Comment

never leave Jerruh

Makes you really appreciate Chip's innovations on the health front in the NFL

Comment

Woul it be impolite to point out

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
        Fire away. I'm just picturing Romo in ballet slippers and a tu-tu.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...elp-get-loose/
        That Herschel Walker did ballet on a routine basis, and that he did MMA when he was about 49, and that now with him being in his 50's, he could probably kick 99% of this board's ass ? Not saying that we can't have a good laugh at Dallas' expense, but this actually does help some athletes when it comes to their flexibility and overall well being. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ever came out that Chip considered it as well.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          That Herschel Walker did ballet on a routine basis, and that he did MMA when he was about 49, and that now with him being in his 50's, he could probably kick 99% of this board's ass ? Not saying that we can't have a good laugh at Dallas' expense, but this actually does help some athletes when it comes to their flexibility and overall well being. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ever came out that Chip considered it as well.
          So if the cowgirls surprise everybody and do really well this year do we automatically attribute it to the ballet bars and expect them to be in all 32 facilities next year?
          "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Comment

High School Jerry
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Not at all

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
              So if the cowgirls surprise everybody and do really well this year do we automatically attribute it to the ballet bars and expect them to be in all 32 facilities next year?
              I'm just saying that it can be helpful. I would be for anything that kept the players healthy, up to and including ballet. However, I do understand that you were just trying to have some fun at Dallas' expense. No disrespect intended.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 06-02-2014, 11:30 AM.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Herschel Walker did ballet. He was good at football. He is in shape now, well after his career ended. Clearly, it was the ballet.

you're better than this. Besides, it's just ballet bars, not instruction...

This was considered innovative 20 years ago - and I suspect there's a reason it fell out of favor.
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 06-02-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

As I said, no disrespect was intended

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  Herschel Walker did ballet. He was good at football. He is in shape now, well after his career ended. Clearly, it was the ballet.

you're better than this. Besides, it's just ballet bars, not instruction...

This was considered innovative 20 years ago - and I suspect there's a reason it fell out of favor.
                  but it's also clearly documented that ballet was a part of Herschel's workout routine. never did I say that it was the only part. Walker is a workout machine, so no, it clearly was not just the ballet. The point was that even something like ballet can be beneficial to an athlete. I don't suspect that we'll see the Cowboys doing pirouettes and dramatic dances.

Comment

Walker was and is a physical freak (I'd venture to guess he'd kick 100% of the board's ass, not just 99). I'm not sure if it made too much of a difference with him though, as he was about as naturally gifted as they come and a workout warrior. Terrell Davis also did ballet. It can translate in some areas (mainly balance, flexibility, and staying on your toes), but I don't think this impacts the Cowboys' season one way or the other. It does give us something to poke fun at though.

Comment

sorry

but it's also clearly documented that ballet was a part of Herschel's workout routine. never did I say that it was the only part. Walker is a workout machine, so no, it clearly was not just the ballet. The point was that even something like ballet can be beneficial to an athlete. I don't suspect that we'll see the Cowboys doing pirouettes and dramatic dances.
                      I'm being a turd. I just imagine Jerruh looking for innovative ways to help the team and remembering a nightline episode he saw in 1987 and trying this...

Comment

No worries and no need for apologies

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        I'm being a turd. I just imagine Jerruh looking for innovative ways to help the team and remembering a nightline episode he saw in 1987 and trying this...
                        I'm sure Jerruh's merry band of chronic underachievers have heavily contributed to the onset of dementia, and the thinking that this will be the missing link in their search for a title.

Comment

Working...
                        X