• Show
Clear All

• The Dutch

Wow!
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Wow!
    Did not see this one coming.

Did not see Iker making a mistake like that either.

Eventually, Golden Generations come to an end, but this is an abrupt end.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 06-13-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I'm enjoying this.

Comment

Mourinho knew Iker had lost it last season. He must now consider retiring, not only from Spain but from Real Madrid. He's a Madrid great and a club hero, but be really is no longer good enough for Madrid, and where else would he play?

Comment

I didn't mean that I'm surprised Iker gave up that many goals, he's not the same guy, I was more commenting on the horrific turnover in the box. No matter the age or diminished skill level, that wasn't something I'd expect.

Comment

the Mexicans

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Wow!
            ...are the leading minority in Ocean City. I'm going past a construction site and they are going NUTS. I walk over and they invite me inside (none speaking English) and they ofer me cervesa. I decline.

I believe they play Brazil next.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Haha! My law school was in Newark NJ. There is a section in Newark called the Ironbound which is almost entirely Portuguese and Brazilian. That place was bananas during the world cup.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Believe it or not

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                ...are the leading minority in Ocean City. I'm going past a construction site and they are going NUTS. I walk over and they invite me inside (none speaking English) and they ofer me cervesa. I decline.

I believe they play Brazil next.
                I am wearing a Brasil #10 jersey right now. Today was world cup day at work
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  I am wearing a Brasil #10 jersey right now. Today was world cup day at work
                  The current #10 for Brasil is Neymar, but for you, it's Gaymar.

ZING!

Comment

It was given to me by a Brazilian colleague several years ago

First time I wore it. Someone from Brazil had to tell me what everything meant on it - I had no idea. Apparently it cost more than 100 bucks, has embroidered shield, nike emblem, Brasil and 5 stars (which I found out today means 5 world cups).

I like it because it can double as a cycling jersey, unlike gay baggy iggles jerseys
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Should have been passed on the left hand side.
                      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

First goal was unbelievable.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Philadelphia Union?
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                          X