Phils Pen Is Like Last Season's Eagles' D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils Pen Is Like Last Season's Eagles' D

Started out looking like one of the worst units in the history of their sport then slowly started playing better as the year went/is going on.

Still, I didn't have faith in that D to really step up when it mattered just like I don't trust Diekman, Bastardo, Papeldouche and Co. to really be lights out if they got back in the hunt.

i have no faith in bastardo but some guys have really good stuff. diekman has great stuff. throws 100 and has a high k/9. he was bound to start getting better results. i like de fratus and papeldouche is having a really good year. just like with any bullpen, the starters need to do well. but i trust this bullpen in the 8th and 9th.

Comment

Diekman could be really good if he keeps learning how to locate and develops another pitch.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hope Giles is legit -- looks really promising so far. Too bad the best position prospects aren't anywhere near major league-ready.

Comment

The amazing thing is the Phils would be in first place right now(as crazy as that sounds) if the pen had been pitching anywhere near this well earlier in the season. They flat-out blew at least eight games which would currently them in the lead of the crappy NL East.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
            The amazing thing is the Phils would be in first place right now(as crazy as that sounds) if the pen had been pitching anywhere near this well earlier in the season. They flat-out blew at least eight games which would currently them in the lead of the crappy NL East.
            Crazy to think about but this division is so underwhelming they're really not out of it yet. The Phillies are old and poorly constructed -- what's the excuse for the Braves and the Nats? They were supposed to dominate this year.

Comment

Working...
            X