quest for IG, Ricc, and ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quest for IG, Ricc, and ...

the other damn fool who thinks its a good idea to run 10 miles in sand at 6pm in August.

What are the logistics? We gaytin' beforehand? We parking at IG HQ and making him take us to the start line? We doing anything afterwards?

Gimme some Intel here.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing about this death march

I figure the emergency guys should be hauling my stretcher across the finish line around 8:30ish.

Planning on staying overnight? That's an option.
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I did a six mile death march today at noon on base. I'll be able to finish this 10 mile bastard, but we're definitely earning our post-race beers.

Comment

We can stay at the Revel. Rooms will be cheap.

Comment

Hahah

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
          We can stay at the Revel. Rooms will be cheap.
          Then dinner at chef Boyardees!

Comment

Haven't done a run in 2 weeks

I did a six mile death march today at noon on base. I'll be able to finish this 10 mile bastard, but we're definitely earning our post-race beers.
            Looks like I'm heading for the "lots of biking to train for a run" strategy. Prolly do a 5 mile trail run + ride suffer fest tomorrow am

Comment

I look forward to seeing the results of your strategy. As IG says, so long as it puts you at a comfortable pace where you can observe the attractive derriere of a woman running in front of you.

As far as my conditioning, I took it way too easy on cardio over the cold winter. I have Philly 26.2 in November, and I gotta start seeing some improvement or I think I'm gonna be a whipped wuss when/if I finish that one.

Comment

It will probably end badly

I do have to work on a slower pace. ~ 8 min miles seems to be my natural pace now but thats not gonna fly in this one

Comment

Running?? That shit'll kill ya....
                  Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I will PM you guys later this weekend

the other damn fool who thinks its a good idea to run 10 miles in sand at 6pm in August.

What are the logistics? We gaytin' beforehand? We parking at IG HQ and making him take us to the start line? We doing anything afterwards?

Gimme some Intel here.
                    nm
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

update

Surprisingly good outcome from late saturday afternoon biathlon. Ran 5 miles on my usual up and over the mountain trail at a nice pace and felt great - could have easily done more but wanted to get a trail ride in so took a short break, hopped on the bike and did another ~ 6 miles up and over again. Might actually survive this thing!

Comment

You are easily the healthiest octogenarian on the bored.

Comment

Haha

The key seems to be slowing down - really made a difference. Gotta do a few more at a slower pace. What kind of pace are you shooting for? You'll probably be done long before IG and I crawl over the finish line

Comment

I don't think so. I took pretty much December through April off from training/running because other commitments were scheduled on my regular spring races. Its actually amusing how much I'm dogging it out there.

All that aside? 8:30's? 9's? I really don't know. Never ran an afternoon race.

Comment

my strategy

I don't think so. I took pretty much December through April off from training/running because other commitments were scheduled on my regular spring races. Its actually amusing how much I'm dogging it out there.

All that aside? 8:30's? 9's? I really don't know. Never ran an afternoon race.
                              Will be to park behind a nice ass in ~ 10:00 pace and stay there

Comment

Working...
                              X