Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bullshit

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    Soccer has come a long way but the ratings compared to SNF make sense. The USA team represents the USA. Two teams on SNF represent 1/16 of the NFL fan base.
    its the only NFL game on at that time and has an interest well beyond the competing teams. You only watch SNF when the Eagles play? Didn't think so.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

WRONG

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
      It gets crazy ratings for the same reason Olympic Hockey gets ratings, Americans LOVE cheering for their country.
      how do you explain the ratings for the other games not involving the US? Way ahead of NHL and most NBA.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

wrong

these games are taking place in the middle of the summer...traditional dead zone for all TV watching. Makes the numbers even more amazing.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          these games are taking place in the middle of the summer...traditional dead zone for all TV watching. Makes the numbers even more amazing.
          Tell you what, come back in 3 months and report how good the ratings are for soccer then

Comment

Of course Im talking world cup

and its ridiculous to compare MLS. youre missing my point ...SOCCER is outdrawing the NFL in the middle of the summer. Who would have thunk that before the tournament started?

I know it hurts you for some reason, but world cup soccer is big.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

It might be interesting to see how many are still watching

After USA gets das boot
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                and its ridiculous to compare MLS. youre missing my point ...SOCCER is outdrawing the NFL in the middle of the summer. Who would have thunk that before the tournament started?

I know it hurts you for some reason, but world cup soccer is big.
                Im with you but if you put any NFL game up against a WC game on a Sunday at 1PM what game draws more?

Comment

that's an interesting question and...

...its doubtful it would be a slam dunk for the NFL, especially if it were a garbage matchup...which so many NFL games are. No garbage matchups at this stage of the WC.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

It wouldn't be an either / or situation with WC vs NFL

What would happen is people would watch NFL until the commercials, then hit WC for 5-7 minutes

Given the absurd numbers of commercials, you wouldn't miss much of either contest. BUT the NFL and their partners would shit their pants because the last thing they want is you tuning out during ad time.

Comment

Working...
                    X