Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the new parking rate thing at the Linc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the new parking rate thing at the Linc?

Emails from the Eagles suggest that the day/cash rate will be increasing to $40 per game. Is this for real? And will it be effecting our normal meeting area?

Of course, the Eagles confuse the issue by offering season ticket holders a "special" $300 season parking pass...

They don't want you tailgating.

Nothing pisses off the owners more than watching you eat your own food and drink your own beverages without paying homage

So they will slowly keep upping the parking $$, limiting the parking availability, increase the security and patrols hassling you ....and generally trying to control all the revenue around the stadium.
    Its happening in every stadium across the NFL.

Eff them

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
      Its happening in every stadium across the NFL.

Eff them
      Is it happening at community owned lambeau stadium?
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

YES it is...

The Packers and Lambeau take their marching orders from the league unfortunately. There is a huge premium on local-generation of revenue because they either don't have to share it or they share it at a smaller %

What they've done so far is to build corporate tents in the Lambeau lot offering food and bev at NFL prices- and in order to do that they had to eliminate a substantial number of parking spaces.
        ( Chargers did it too here in San Diego)

They are also acquiring the land around the stadium to build an entertainment district. I used to park on a residential street that backed up to the stadium lot, but now those homes are all bought up and either torn down or turned into high-end game day rentals.

They keep pushing the "cheap" tailgating further away from the action and charging more for the ones that are close by

Its a damn shame, but they are no different than the other teams in that respect

Money Money Money

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
          The Packers and Lambeau take their marching orders from the league unfortunately.
          Yeah, that seems to be the escape clause should anybody complain: it's the NFL, not us. Of course, everybody know how the NFL works. The fox is guarding the henhouse, for sure.

Every year they make it harder and harder to justify returning.

I wonder if the NFL has FIFA consultants to help them run their operations...

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Emails from the Eagles suggest that the day/cash rate will be increasing to $40 per game. Is this for real? And will it be effecting our normal meeting area?

Of course, the Eagles confuse the issue by offering season ticket holders a "special" $300 season parking pass...
            The email I got seemed to indicate the cash rate would be $35. It's definitely going to have some effect on our normal meeting area. Exactly what, I do not know. I guess unless so many people buy passes that it's all reserved if you get there early enough it won't matter. I imagine it will make it easier for them to turn later arrivals away, though.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Zubaz and me are going to the stillers preseason game, we are going to find out about the reserved spaces and we are going for our usual spot.
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                The email I got seemed to indicate the cash rate would be $35.
                Ah...yeah, I see that now. So if I don't go to the preseason games, the $37.50 breakout doesn't seem like such a hot deal.

Comment

Working...
                X