Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck ... but that was a hell of an

entertaining soccer game.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

could have won it in regulation but they got their asses kicked in regulation.

last 15 minutes they were awesome in desperation. two huge changes to tie the game before it ended. however i'm guessing that that's soccer. i don't watch much but imagine that games are filled with guys throwing their hands in the air in disbelief over missed opportunities.

Comment

also as JK 1 minute of stoppage time was fucking bullshit.

Comment

Not THAT many.

Soccer goalies don't make double digit saves that often.

Howard played the best game I've seen him play and kept them in a game where they were playing against a shitload of Premier League starters ... and then they took it to them in the second extra 15 and had some big opportunities to send it to a shootout.

Comment

yep

Comment

Agreed...

Originally posted by slag View Post
            entertaining soccer game.
            Great game otherwise. They had their chances.

Still hard to believe Belgium can beat us in anything. Belgium. Most of us couldn't point to it on a map. They had a forward that looked like Screech from Saved by the Bell.

Comment

oh yeah, howard was awesome. however, and i don't mean this as a knock against him, i don't think a goalie gets an opportunity to play that well anywhere besides the world cup. that's the only place where premier league starters will be playing by his defense giving him that many save opportunities.

Comment

Uh everyone in Belgium plays fucking soccer ... you think we'd have a better squad if Adrian Petersen, Shady McCoy and DeSean Jackson played the game?

Comment

Belgium brings Lukaku off the bench. We bring Wondolowski. That tells the story.

Comment

Probably not

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Uh everyone in Belgium plays fucking soccer ... you think we'd have a better squad if Adrian Petersen, Shady McCoy and DeSean Jackson played the game?
                    No Crips in Antwerp.

I'm not a soccer fan, but I get it. Its just amazing to think that the US population is 30x larger, more resources and technology, but we we are outplayed by such a small population. If Howard doesn't stand on his head, that game would have been a blowout.

Comment

Yep ... BTW, after seeing the Lukaku goal again, I have to say: although they aren't even in the damn game if Howard doesn't play like Superman, he can't let that guy go short side there.

Comment

Lukaku is a beast against Premier League defenders. Putting him out there against two MLS defenders who had played 90 minutes already, and him being pissed with a point to prove because he got dropped from the starting lineup, was a total mismatch.

Comment

The problem is that world class athletes have to play overseas to make it in soccer.

The money is there, but you have to leave the country to play at the top level.

Maybe as the world gets smaller, more guys will do it ... but most of the really good athletes in my neck of the woods who play multiple sports, focus on another sport in high school.

Comment

Lukaku played with Howard at Everton last season.

Comment

Defense at the end was a major let down. They don't give up that second goal and we're in PKs. Still - We were playing with house money for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X