RSE is right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE is right

Wondolowski will remember this game for the rest of this fucking life.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

He was correct about Belgium tightening up

They relaxed when they went by 2 and after our quick goal their personality changed...you could see their assholes pucker up.

With a little more experienced and skilled team that game could have turned around.

Ah well, it's been fun.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

They had chances ... and Bradley actually started playing waaaay better as the game went on.

The younger players showed some good shit also.

Comment

My daughter once missed a PK in a shoot out that had she made it would have put her team in the semifinal of the WAGS tournament in Virginia, the most prestigious girls tournament in the east. I told her she had had a character building experience. And that's what Wondolowski had today. A character building experience.

Comment

He had a chance to redeem himself on that Yedlin cross with about 4 minutes to go ... but I guess he wanted to build more character instead.

Comment

times like this is when I wished landon donovan was playing

Comment

He should do what the Chilean did and have a picture of the miss tattooed on his back.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                They had chances ... and Bradley actually started playing waaaay better as the game went on.

The younger players showed some good shit also.
                Klinsmann built this roster to be competitive this year, but to ultimately make the squad even stronger for Russia in '18.

Giving the younger guys a shot when they might not be ready/be as deserving as older players is a tough call to make but if it results in an even stronger showing in 4 years, it was probably the right call.

Comment

Ballack and Van Nistelrooy said it.

The US needs defenders who can pass the ball effectively and midfielders who can take that ball and set up offensive players better.

They play too defensively in the back end.

They clear the ball either out of play or back to the other team way too much.

I can't count the number of times I was yelling when they took the ball in their end and instead of controlling it out with possession, they would just kick it in the other direction to nobody.

Comment

Wouldn't have counted even if it went in--the flag went up for offsides--at least that's what the British commentator said.

Comment

Maybe he shouldn't have taken his "sabbatical" when their qualifying campaign started nearly two years ago. That's ultimately why Klinnsman left him out.

Comment

wrong

ESPN reported the commentator corrected himself and said the flag was to signal the goal kick

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...223419033.html
                        Last edited by slag; 07-02-2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

maybe Klinnsman shouldn't be a vindictive twat

Comment

Part of that is that they were playing a 4-3-3 and....

.....that puts more pressure on the midfielders to be in a position to support those fullbacks. The big problem was not having Altidore. With Altidore, Klinsmann could play a 4-4-2. I understand what Klinsmann was trying to do and it almost worked. He knew that it was going to put tremendous pressure on Tim Howard and that's fine. He was our strength. What are you gonna do?

Comment

They could play any formation and not have the technical skill required to do what Ballack and Van Nistelrooy are talking about.

They don't maintain possession and move out of their end well.

According to those guys, as well as the former American team members who commented, they never have.

They have the athleticism and conditioning, but not the technique.

EDITED TO ADD: No doubt losing Altidore fucked them up.

But to be fair, the Belgians didn't have Benteke.
                              Last edited by slag; 07-02-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X