Great article on Foles in the new Philly Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on Foles in the new Philly Mag

the GREAT Buzz Bissinger (Friday Night Lights) did an excellent job despite Foles' and his parents' refusal to be interviewed for the article.

Did not know he was from one of the richest, whitest parts of Texas, and that he comes from probably the richest family of any player in the NFL.

Here's an excerpt but you must subscribe to read the whole thing, or pick up the mag if you are a local.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/ni...agles-profile/
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Yeah he comes from North Austin, very well to do area..

His dad owns a sport bar in San Antonio, pretty nice joint

http://cover-3.com/

Comment

Nicky Sixx!! Lets get this season started!!
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'm surprised he comes from the richest family considering all I'd heard about his parents being in the restaurant industry. Particularly the stories about his dad coming home smelling like seafood. Rich people who own restaurants typically don't work. I would've thought someone like Peyton Manning who comes from NFL royalty would have grown up richer.

Comment

It just goes to show

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          the GREAT Buzz Bissinger (Friday Night Lights) did an excellent job despite Foles' and his parents' refusal to be interviewed for the article.

Did not know he was from one of the richest, whitest parts of Texas, and that he comes from probably the richest family of any player in the NFL.

Here's an excerpt but you must subscribe to read the whole thing, or pick up the mag if you are a local.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/ni...agles-profile/
          Foles, unlike Johnny (look at me at Bieber's party) Football, shuns the limelight. He is a coach's dream, no ego, consummate team player, and the kind of guy that team mates can rally around. His stats this year may not be as spectacular as last year, but I think his overall play will be improved as he gets more comfortable in Chip's O. We very well may have found the diamond in the rough with this kid.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

they multiplied

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I'm surprised he comes from the richest family considering all I'd heard about his parents being in the restaurant industry. Particularly the stories about his dad coming home smelling like seafood. Rich people who own restaurants typically don't work. I would've thought someone like Peyton Manning who comes from NFL royalty would have grown up richer.
            They grew into a something like 12 restaurants, which he sold for millions.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              They grew into a something like 12 restaurants, which he sold for millions.

KG told me to ask you if it is Papa Johns?
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
              X