Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty odd

Originally posted by slag View Post
    I found the Rock HOF much more interesting than the NFL HOF when I was out there.

However, and maybe EIO can explain this ... after leaving the Rock HOF, we tried to find a restaurant around 6-7 pm and nothing was open (this was about 5 years ago).

We checked 4 or 5 places that were either recommended or picked from a list in my GPS.

Every one in the city was closed ... we had to find a place on the way back to the hotel nearer Canton.
    I would expect that in Canton, but not in Cleveland. There are restaraunts on Euclid Ave, there are some around Progressive Field, and you have the Hard Rock as well. I can't explain that one at all.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

It was a Sunday (I'm pretty sure) and the Puerto Rican Day parade.
      Last edited by slag; 07-03-2014, 01:03 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Well that makes a little more sense, then

It was a Sunday (I'm pretty sure) and the Puerto Rican Day parade.
        But 6 or 7 is still pretty early to be closing.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm supposed to be in Corolla but didn't go yet. we are just going for a long weekend. my dumb ass wife went this AM b/c her friends from back home are there and we are staying them.

I'm sure everything will be fine. what's 100mph winds to the Carolina coast? baby piss.

Comment

I mow my lawn in hurricanes worse than this.

Comment

In all seriousness

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              I'm supposed to be in Corolla but didn't go yet. we are just going for a long weekend. my dumb ass wife went this AM b/c her friends from back home are there and we are staying them.

I'm sure everything will be fine. what's 100mph winds to the Carolina coast? baby piss.
              I hope you and the fam stay safe.

Comment

Even hurricanes think Cleveland sucks too much to visit.
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

agreed

I found the Rock HOF much more interesting than the NFL HOF when I was out there.

However, and maybe EIO can explain this ... after leaving the Rock HOF, we tried to find a restaurant around 6-7 pm and nothing was open (this was about 5 years ago).

We checked 4 or 5 places that were either recommended or picked from a list in my GPS.

Every one in the city was closed ... we had to find a place on the way back to the hotel nearer Canton.
                  ahd a fantastic time touring the Rock Hall with my daughter a few summers back.
                  Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

you'll enjoy the HOF

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                    I'll be in Cleveland 18th-20th. Girlfriend wants to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It'll be my first trip to Cleveland. The only other time I've spent in Ohio was on business/court a few times in Youngstown about 20 years ago. Tell me it will better than Youngstown.
                    plan to spend an entire day. Great fun.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

The wife and I went to the R&R HOF fifteen years ago on our way to Cadott,WI for Rock-Fest '99...had a very nice time. Although the induction process is flawed/BS the tour through the HOF is a very enjoyable experience if you're any kind of rock fan.

Thank God my daughter's family no longer lives in the Camp Lejeune area(Richlands to be exact) since that area is supposedly expected to take the biggest hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X