Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't let your kids grow up to be corporate lawyers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let your kids grow up to be corporate lawyers.

Effing Hong Kong I-bankers dropped 40 documents on me today. They want answers by Monday. This is all quite on purpose.

Look on the bright side

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Effing Hong Kong I-bankers dropped 40 documents on me today. They want answers by Monday. This is all quite on purpose.
    You'll have seven more opportunities to negotiate the same issues after you thought you came to agreement with them six times previously.
    DB

Comment

Let's just say there are real cultural issues when dealing with the Far East on contract matters. When it behooves them they can be as Western as any of us. When it behooves them they can be damned inscrutable.

Comment

The level of utterly bald-faced projection on their part is so outstanding you have to admire them for it almost.

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Let's just say there are real cultural issues when dealing with the Far East on contract matters. When it behooves them they can be as Western as any of us. When it behooves them they can be damned inscrutable.
          And then when you have the contract signed, it doesn't mean anything anyway. So try to get a ruling in HAIC and take that to mainland PRC for enforcement. You have better odds playing Powerball.
          DB

Comment

At least you can gaze out of your office window and see a Frozen lake Erie from Thanksgiving til Easter.

Comment

Working...
            X