Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, Chip is a failure based on this alone

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...ch-alex-henery

Henery will be the kicker. This is not a joke.

Maybe Fipp should shut up about touchbacks and coach his special teams well enough so they can stop returners catching balls two motherfucking yards deep in the endzone.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Maybe Fipp should shut up about touchbacks and coach his special teams well enough so they can stop returners catching balls two motherfucking yards deep in the endzone.
      Every player they drafted and picked up in free agency are all supposed to be great at special teams. Maybe they will be fine
      Last edited by Folesabbulous; 07-05-2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I'm not all that warm and fuzzy about Henery the Geigth, but, if you don't stop a returner coming out two yards deep in the endzone, after your offense takes the lead late in a playoff game, and then have to horsecollar the guy 40 yards later, pointing fingers at the kicker is fucking bullshit.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Why not wait to see if he adds

some yards to his kicks in camp. Seriously this time of year sports reporters are pulling just about everything out they can find to write about. I think this is a non story unless its proven he continues to come up short on kickoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I'm not all that warm and fuzzy about Henery the Geigth, but, if you don't stop a returner coming out two yards deep in the endzone, after your offense takes the lead late in a playoff game, and then have to horsecollar the guy 40 yards later, pointing fingers at the kicker is fucking bullshit.
            I agree. Special teams is the work of 11 guys, not just the kicker or punter. Last year was Fipp's first time being in total control of a special teams unit. I'm willing to wait and see how he does in Year 2 before being hyper-critical.

At the end of the day, I'm a little concerned about whether Henery is good enough, but I'm A LOT more concerned with our pass rush and O-line depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
              I agree. Special teams is the work of 11 guys, not just the kicker or punter. Last year was Fipp's first time being in total control of a special teams unit. I'm willing to wait and see how he does in Year 2 before being hyper-critical.

At the end of the day, I'm a little concerned about whether Henery is good enough, but I'm A LOT more concerned with our pass rush and O-line depth.
              They also were dealing with leftover Reid players. They are all gone now. Special teams is clearly something Chip gives a crap about because there is a huge focus there on players they pick up

Comment

the guy won the division in his rookie year

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
                http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...ch-alex-henery

Henery will be the kicker. This is not a joke.
                and brought excitement back after the FF era.

I will take a failure like that any day.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                  some yards to his kicks in camp. Seriously this time of year sports reporters are pulling just about everything out they can find to write about. I think this is a non story unless its proven he continues to come up short on kickoffs.
                  He's a white guy. I think you got to give him a chance.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    What does being white have to do with anything?

Comment

Agreed.

We'll see if there is improvement this year as well.
                      The 1st year seems to show there will be.

Comment

We

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        gave Reggie Hodges a chance.

Comment

Working...
                        X