Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sixers trading for Stoudamire and Hardaway JR or Shumpert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
    Is thank god JDouche is not the GM.

Thad is their best moveable piece and this guy wants to send him to NY for a pair of mediocre guards, an overrated forward with a terrible contract, and most importantly NO draft pick?

If the Sixers do this trade they won't have to give up anything. And if they do take on Amare they'll probably just cut him like they did with Granger.
    Shumpert blows. Ill be pissed if they get either of them, let alone both. Shumper shot like 38% this yr. Never have understood the "Value" he has. Watched the knicks a ton this year, and he just flat out sucks.
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 07-09-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Thats why i just ignore his posts, he posts like he knows everything about everything but as soon as he does its obvious he knows very little about all sports and life in general.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

You're WRONG. There are a handful of people who take the time to call your fraud ass out. The vast majority of the others feel the same way, but don't bother with you. Go outside and get some fresh air, sonny.
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Is there still an "IGNORE" function on the bored? If so, I think I'll avail myself of it for him.
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
            After thinking it over, you could do both deals. Trade Young for Amare, Shump or Hardaway, and new York's 2017 1st rounder. Maybe throw in a 2nd to get it done. Then, you trade some minimal salaries to Houston for Lin, Jones, Capela, and next year's 1st from NO. Sixers probably wouldn't win more than 35, but they would probably be more watchable than last year. They could likely land in the top 10 with their own pick, then possibly have another lottery pick from Houston via NO. You could decide whether or not you wanted to opt in on Jones and the 2nd player you get from NY, opt in on Noel and MCW, renounce your rights to all other players, and you have about 50 mil in cap space for the next summer, to go with Saric coming in a couple of years (maybe Capela as well) and 5 1st rounders in the next 3 years. That would be a great situation to have if you're the 76ers, and no one can argue that.
            1. Are you sure the Knicks have a tradeable 2017 1st rounder? My understanding is that they have NOTHING to trade draft-wise.

2. I live in the NY area - and there is ZERO talk about them wanting Thad. The Knicks are looking to clear space so that they can get both Melo and Lebron. The last thing they will do is take on Thad's salary.

3. The 1st from NO you want likely has lottery protections attached.

4. If the Sixers do a deal to take the deadweight off of the Knicks roster so that they can get two marquee players, I will be irate. Why would we want to help the Knicks get a Melo/Bron tandem or something like it that we then have to face for the next 4-5 years? Would be the fucking stupidest thing ever - kind of like Toronto always sending talent to the Yankees.

Get bent.

Comment

The Pels pick has protections. If it falls into 1-3 or 20-30, they keep it, if it's 4-19, the Rockets (or Sixers if it was part of the Lin deal) would get it.

As great as Anthony Davis is becoming, I'd still rather have the Pels pick than Houston's. I think anywhere between 4-19 is a realistic range for New Orleans to finish.

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                Cool, Stealth. A couple of handfuls of people on one board don't respect me or take me seriously. I've noticed, believe it or not. That's okay though. None of you know shit about me. You all think I'm a wigger and a hick, which couldn't be further from the truth. You think I'm dumb. I'm not. You think I have no knowledge of sports. I do. I don't need the approval of shit fetishists, bicycle enthusiasts, Northern elitists, and grumpy old men who are bitter about aging to feel worthy in life. I doubt you'd all be so cunty in person. Hell, you might even come around to liking me..
                Or feel sorry for you.

By the way, can you help me out? I can't decide whether UTK sucks more dick athletically or academically.

Comment

They'll be good this season but in the West good doesn't even guarantee a playoff spot.

Regardless, I'll take their 1st in 2015 over NY's in 2025.

Again, as you or someone else already said, Thad's value will be highest at the trade deadline with playoff teams looking for that extra, dependable rotation guy.

Comment

Yeah under view public profile, click on user list and ignore. I don't like it cause it screws up the flow of the thread, so I just skip him.
                    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

JD....dude, you are just flat out WRONG about the NY trade. It should be clear as can be why that would be a stupid trade. I'd also recommend taking it easy on the posting.

Comment

Screamin A Smith first reported the rumor and now he's reporting the trade is dead. Me thinks it was never alive to begin with.

To quote the Greyjoys, "What is dead may never die."
                        Last edited by Sect 236; 07-09-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          Nothing. If a team needs to clear cap space, the Sixers hold all the cards.
                          This.

Comment

Working...
                          X